M&S Sale

Options

Comments

• RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kiwi07 wrote: »
    Is it allowed to bring items bought at the previous markdowns back for a refund and re-buy them straight away at the 90% price?

They usually on't allow this, which is fair enough really, you take a risk when buying something.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it allowed to bring items bought at the previous markdowns back for a refund and re-buy them straight away at the 90% price?

Theoretically, perhaps:

Sale items

For sale items purchased via our Website, we will be happy to either refund or exchange an item if you change your mind within 14 days of receipt. Our refund or exchange policy for sale items purchased in store may differ and this will be made clear to you at the time of purchase.

But in practice they'll not allow you to repurchase the same items - they end up behind the refund counter, and you'll probably have quite a wait before you see them out for sale again, if ever.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    The only way I can see this working is if you find the identical item on the sale rail at 90% off, buy it and then return the higher priced item in a separate transaction.
  • kassij102
    Options
    Thanks, please let us know if you hear anything. We will really appreciate it!:)

I went into my local yesterday and got over £300 worth for £24. Lots of jeans, trousers, dresses and shoes, from as little as 50p. Most expensive item i got was £3.29
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

They normally would remove the items that you have returned and reduce them later and put them out later in the shift. So if you have all day to hang around you might get lucky.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    They normally would remove the items that you have returned and reduce them later and put them out later in the shift. So if you have all day to hang around you might get lucky.

I may pop in tomorrow on Sunday but with the sale being on the last day, they would probably not put them out?
  • ladybabe
    ladybabe Posts: 374 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    so popping in tomorrow got some stuff at the 70% off bras etc defo worth a rummage:T
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I wandered past the sale rail yesterday (I needed to use the loo :D).
    I bought a pair of dusky pink crops with self coloured flowery embroidery for £2.49 (think they'd been £22.50) and a straw hat with a mint tropical brim for £1.49 that had been £17.50.
    I have the bikini in the mint colour from this summer's sale.
    Not sure I can see myself sashaying round the pool wearing bikini & hat together though. :rotfl:

I got it out in the pub - we were with 2 other couples - and the hilarity it caused was worth the £1.49.
    And I still have a (imho) trendy hat for my holidays. :p

Rest of the stuff was pretty big sizes.
    But if you're going past I'd say it was worth a look in case someone has returned something that takes your fancy.
    Neither the crops or hat had been on the rail on Friday.
    But I wouldn't make a special trip.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was at the branch in Gracechurch Street on Friday and didn’t see any sign of reductions!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 October 2017 at 12:50AM
    Options
    I did take my sale stuff back on Sunday and wondered for 2 hours before the closure but they did not put them back to where the sale items are. And on Sunday was suppose to be the last day of this sale. Half an hour before the shop closure they were reducing all the last few left to 29p but no my returned stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure