Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope NPow3r do read my reply :rotfl:.

How lucky about your payment going down Carboot :T. Energy companies certainly move in mysterious way, but don't perform any wonders. How lucky that OH is away another night. Enjoy :D.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your extra night car boot crazy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Fingers and toes crossed for a tax rebate in the New Year HHD :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks Beanie :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hope your tax is sorted out to your satisfaction Hairy.

Words fail me re. NPower..............!:eek:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 20 November 2018 at 5:07PM
    Options
    I second, third, fourth etc etc other people's hopes that you get a tax refund, HH. It would be a big help to you and from what you said about last year's situation it looks as if you stand a very good chance of one:beer:

The rain's been teeming here all day and there's just been a mini hailstorm:eek:. Very odd weather we're getting this month. Good job I'm nice and snug indoors;):rotfl:

OH mentioned on the phone earlier that he'd had problems sleeping last night as the house was unbearably hot. He said he had to sleep with his window half open:eek:. I doubt the outside temperature was much above freezing where he was, it was really cold her. My friend has been keeping the heating on full blast all the time there as her brother's house had been empty and unoccupied for a few weeks and she said it would do the house good. She thought it seemed a bit damp. OH would have felt right at home then;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting heartily sick of the emails which are bombarding me constantly with all the wonderful Black Friday and other offers. Every company I've ever had dealings with seems to be trying to sell me something I don't need, don't even want and definitely couldn't afford even at their knock-down prices:mad:. I've stopped reading them now and just delete. I'll risk missing out on the bargain of the century:rotfl:

HH, I had one from Lakeland today with a special offer on a heated clothes horse/airer. Still massively expensive and some of the others that they sell are even more so:eek:. I doubt either of us will be buying one of them;)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Had a phone call from OH early this morning. I thought it would be to let me know which trains he'll be on and when he needs picking up at the station tonight.

My friend has managed to get an appointment for her brother with his favourite GP tomorrow. She might have been able to get a home visit but it would be with a locum and she didn't want to get her brother being seen by someone who doesn't know him when his usual Doc has known him for many years. The surgery is a long way from his home and she was worried that getting him there might be a problem if he resists or downright refuses to go. It would involve a long walk to any bus route or a taxi all the way so she asked OH if he would mind staying another night so he can drive them there and generally give a hand tomorrow. He was phoning to ask if it was OK with me:rotfl:

Certainly is:j. I hope I managed to contain my glee;)

I am glad I'm single :rotfl::j:j:j
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hope you get a tax rebate in January,that would be a lovely start to the new year
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hope your tax is sorted out to your satisfaction Hairy.

Words fail me re. NPower..............!:eek:
    I second, third, fourth etc etc other people's hopes that you get a tax refund, HH. It would be a big help to you and from what you said about last year's situation it looks as if you stand a very good chance of getting one.
    Hope you get a tax rebate in January,that would be a lovely start to the new year

Thanks all :) fingers crossed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure