Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful and much-needed time out from the daily routine. How do people manage to be so on top of everything that it appears nothing needs doing, whereas the rest of us are continually 'fire-fighting' ? I have a sneaking suspicion that such people don't have as much 'stuff' to curate - de-cluttering is the watchword.

Have a great time, HHOD !

Thanks Elizabeth :).

My stepmum is very anti clutter. If my dad buys a book he has to get rid of one he's already got so there's room in the book case :rotfl: :eek:.
    jwil wrote: »
    Hope you are feeling better and get the opportunity to have a nice rest while you are away xx

Thanks Jwil :). I still feel a bit under the weather.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    117pauline wrote: »
    Hi there

Thought this was the best place to say I am alive and in Spain. I have been here for a week now and it is a tough life!! I have swam a couple of times a day as the pool is about ten steps from my friend's villa.

I have been out and about too although I have just been relaxing and sleeping a lot. It is marvellous to sleep! Eating lots of salads and fruit.

What I hadn't expected was the fact that being housebound for the last six months has meant I have no energy to move. As I have done little exercise, I need to build up my strength. Little and often.

So HH, enjoy your escape and have a relaxing time.

Lots of love to everyone, take care
    Pauline

I was just thinking about you yesterday Pauline, it's good to hear from you :). I'm glad you're in Spain and I hope you find it a very healing time. Going away does bring perspective. Enjoy your idyll, it will do you good.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hi everyone :).

My mum has upgraded her phone and given me her old one :j. So I've got a S@msung G@laxy J5 2016 model. It's much better than my old Ace 3 that was on it's last legs :T. I've been setting it up today.

I've also been doing lots of laundry for me to pack and so the troops have clean clothes while I'm away. It's not good drying weather though as it's a bit damp and misty :mad:.

I still feel a bit under the weather but hopefully I'll perk up soon.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,653 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new phone :)
    Hope you feel more like yourseld really soon.
    Sent you a PM :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Happy new phone :)
    Hope you feel more like yourseld really soon.
    Sent you a PM :)

I've replied :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,531 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good news about the phone :)

Hope you feel better soon. You must still have low immunity after that nasty bout of flu.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks SA :). I do seem to get tired more easily since the flu. I'm trying to eat healthily and get enough sleep. Not sure what more I can do.
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    Thanks SA :). I do seem to get tired more easily since the flu. I'm trying to eat healthily and get enough sleep. Not sure what more I can do.

On the hopeful assumption there is nothing else wrong - sometimes it just takes ages, months even. My brother once had flu and was concerned he couldn't face his usual running and cycling schedule, so a very fit guy, and couldn't believe that it could take 3 months for him to feel normal again.

I don't think there is much else you can do. Eating well, sleeping enough, if possible cutting down on stress, and NEVER overdoing things (not always under your control, though) - it will get better eventually.

Meanwhile, come here and have a 'whinge' in the company of friends - does you good !!!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks Elizabeth, hopefully you're right and I'll get my mojo back eventually :).
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I've done my Mr T shop a day early so the troops have food while I'm away. It was almost £100 :eek: but I wanted to make sure they didn't run out of anything while I was away. I also got DS3 a pack of underwear after he left his in Iceland :mad:.

I've done lots of packing and a little bit of work too. DH is looking sad because I'm going away tomorrow so I feel a bit guilty, but he'll appreciate me all the more when I get back :D. I'll miss DH and the DC but it's only for a week.

I haven't seen my dad properly since last summer (if I don't count a 15 minute conversation at my niece's wedding) so it'll be nice to have some quality time with him. He's 85 this year so doing well :T. I'll be able to update my diary while I'm away as my dad has wifi.

I hope everyone is having a great day :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure