Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    MiMi66 wrote: »
    Hi Hairy Hands!

I just read through your diary and so many similarities between us with the way debt has accrued and the challenges of living to a budget. Well done on negotiating those Full and Final payments and I hope so much you get good news tomorrow from your last creditor.

I will subscribe and try to give you some of the care and support you have given me to get through my very dark times. Thank you so much for that - literally life saving and the value of these forums is down to people like you taking the time to support others xx

Aww thank you Mimi :)

It's good if we can help each other and this forum is great at giving practical and emotional support.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    There nothing like a good visit to the tip. Or am I just being weird.

So many people on the diarys decluttering. I wonder who will be the first to finish.

Have a fantastic day.

Not weird at all parsnip, I love going to the tip :D I 'd be there all the time if I could drive, but DH is less keen. It's so fascinating seeing what other people are dropping off :D

There do seem to be a lot of people de-cluttering on here. I guess debt is a form of clutter so it's a similar journey.

I don't think I will EVER finish de-cluttering as new clutter seems to mysteriously appear all the time :mad: It's a work in progress :)
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    The clutter has departed the house, a wash is in the machine, I've cleaned the bathroom, DH is busy painting and the sun is still shining.

All is right with the world :D
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    We spent £7 in Morrison's on the way back from the tip, on 16 pints of milk and DH wanted a pack of four wooden coat hangers and some chocolate.

The milk may last a couple of days if we're lucky :rotfl:

My back feels a bit sore after cleaning the bathroom and loading up the clutter earlier so I'm going to rest it for a bit.

We have a big day tomorrow as DH can ring the final creditor. I have to be prepared for them to say no, but I know I'll be very upset if they do :(
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Best of luck for the call tomorrow Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    The clutter has departed the house, a wash is in the machine, I've cleaned the bathroom, DH is busy painting and the sun is still shining.

All is right with the world :D

Good :)
    Did you really say 16 pints of milk?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    & hope phone call goes well tomorrow.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Reb2016
    Reb2016 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Decluttering is great, i’ve done a lot of that over the past year, and cleaning is sooo much easier.

:rotfl: at the fury moron

Good luck on the call tomorrow I have my fingers crossed.

Reb
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hoping tomorrows call goes well.

I find sneaking stuff to the tip quite satisfying but I am fighting a losing battle against the clutter here.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good :)
    Did you really say 16 pints of milk?

I certainly did :D It's a constant source of amazement to me how much milk we get through in this house :eek: Mind you I don't buy squash or juice so pints of milk get drunk, and then there are my many cups of tea, especially now I've given up the coke :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure