15.2K replies 895.1K views

Replies

• edited 29 July at 3:42PM
    FideliaFidelia Forumite
    259 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 29 July at 3:42PM
    Lovely to see you back, HH, and to hear all your news.  As ElizabethHull said, a mix of good and bad as with life.  

Great news on DS's degree and the fact that you'll have him home again if not forever then for a while.  I'm happy for you that you're having the opportunity to go out and about and enjoy your local area and that you have a couple of holidays/family visits to look forward to. Well done to Stepdad for contributing to the cost, he sounds like a very kind man, Nice too that you could treat yourself to some new clothes.  I'm assuming DH's work must have picked up recently and if so I hope it continues to do so now your TA money has finished.  I was really sad to hear that there isn't a permanent post for you at the school, where you're so happy but should you go for a TA job elsewhere your current Head will surely give you the most glowing of references. Her loss will definitely be someone else's gain.  Wishing you the very best of luck with your job-hunting.

I hope your long journey to and from DS's place was stress free and that you enjoyed your hotel stay and that it included a great breakfast. Ouch to the cost of the car service though, seems a bit steep but I agree it was best to be safe.  I assume that price includes any replacement 'bits' like oil and filters.  Plus the dreaded VAT which so few businesses tell us about in their initial quote!

Enjoy the rest of your summer.  Take care of yourself and try to get some 'you' time.  You've had a very stressful few months and you deserve a bit of pampering. xx
    Tilly Tidy to £1200+ by 31/12/2021 Challenge
    J:£74.95 /F:£92.17 /M:£99.42 /A:£98.20 /M:£116.30 /J:£129.68 /J:£93.37 /A:£140.25/ S: £97.33
    Running 2021 total:  £941.67 / £1200 
  • edited 9 August at 5:19PM
    FideliaFidelia Forumite
    259 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 9 August at 5:19PM
    I hope you and the family are all OK, HHOD, and the only reason you're  not posting is because you are too busy enjoying your summer break.  Seems ages since you last updated us, the day before you went to bring DS home.

We miss you. Take care xx

P.S. I saw that the £1 million Premium Bond winner this month is in Devon with a holding of about £1000 bonds.  I was thinking and hoping it's you but feel sure if it is you'd have let us know by now.  Or maybe you're too busy celebratingheadspin drinkers swing.I know I would be.
    Tilly Tidy to £1200+ by 31/12/2021 Challenge
    J:£74.95 /F:£92.17 /M:£99.42 /A:£98.20 /M:£116.30 /J:£129.68 /J:£93.37 /A:£140.25/ S: £97.33
    Running 2021 total:  £941.67 / £1200 
  • Sunshine_girl2Sunshine_girl2 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hairy , I hope you have had an amazing summer holiday spent with your family and friends . That you are feeling rested and refreshed ready for the new term at school , whenever you go back. 
    Enjoy your bank holiday . 
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• milannmilann Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy new school year Hairy. Hope school find you some more hours from somewhere 🤞
  • EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh jeez HH that's a scary thing - well done you for reacting so swiftly and doing absolutely the right thing. I'm glad he's stented, home and recovering well. 
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 :D
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
  • Baileys_BabeBaileys_Babe Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about OH heart attack pleased he has been treated and is at home recuperating. Remember @HairyHandofDartmoor you need to be looking after yourself as well as OH 🤗
    2021 Fashion on a ration 66/66 coupons remaining 
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness, HHoD. How stressful for both of you. Take care now. 
    F xx
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    13.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh jeez HH that's a scary thing - well done you for reacting so swiftly and doing absolutely the right thing. I'm glad he's stented, home and recovering well. 
    Sorry to hear about OH heart attack pleased he has been treated and is at home recuperating. Remember @HairyHandofDartmoor you need to be looking after yourself as well as OH 🤗
    Thank goodness DH was treated when he was, could’ve been so much worse if left. There’s always something. Take care x
    foxgloves said:
    Oh my goodness, HHoD. How stressful for both of you. Take care now. 
    F xx
    Thanks all of you. It has been tough but at least he's still with me and is on the mend. I need to encourage him to lead a healthy lifestyle so it doesn't happen again. He does seem keen to eat more healthily and to take daily walks.

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £800/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £183.57/£500. SEF = £2,050/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £500. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £500.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £1,000 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 6 YEARS 4 MONTHS