edited 18 November 2017 at 10:49AM in Debt Free Diaries
15.1K replies 889.7K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    76.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care of you :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • edited 27 June at 9:35AM
    FideliaFidelia Forumite
    218 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 27 June at 9:35AM
    No need to apologise for not posting. Sometimes life gets in the way, and it sounds as if you're full of concerns about the future as well as coping with the present.

Hope the weather is improving for you after the the appalling downpours, Stygian light levels and unseasonable temperatures - where's the global warming when you want it ?
    Absolutely agree, Elizabeth.  All very well said.  What a wonderful turn of phrase you have.

I resorted to popping our central heating on for a couple of hours one evening last week.  Miraculously, DH didn't mutter a single word of protest!

HHOD 
    Can only imagine how worrying things are for you at the moment work and finance-wise.  We all miss you and your updates but understand that other things are more important to you at the moment.  Take care of yourself.  We'll look forward to 'seeing'  you again hopefully before too long.  Hugs to all the family xxx
    Tilly Tidy to £1000+ by 31/12/2021 Challenge
    J:£74.95 /F:£92.17 /M:£99.42 /A :£98.20 /M :£116.30 /J: £129.68 /July:£ 75.58
    Running 2021 total:  £686.30 / £1000 
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sending a hug. Nothing else.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
    £500/2,500 Legal and moving costs
  • ParkypParkyp Forumite
    398 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Hi hairy just catching up with your diary again for some reason I’ve manage lose diaries I had subscribed to slowly but surely I’m find them again. 
    Sorry to hear about TA position as maybe readers have said the government should be giving more money to schools to get the children’s education up to scratch and hopefully we are back to a normal school year after summer. 
    My son has just finished uni luckily we have a lot of unis in this city he didn’t have to move. His girlfriend has moved into a shared flat with friends so he seems to be spending a couple of nights there which I enjoy. Well when I say I enjoy I enjoy the tidy house knowing when I go to bed I get up the same way I left it🤣🤣.
    You’ll be glad you spent the money on your garden it your wee safe haven at the moment.
    Take care and look after yourself. 
    Ps I’m still buying the premium bonds to with any extra cash I have. I got a pay rise this month only £30 a month but as it’s money I never had im buying a pb each month with it, glad I read about them on your diary. 
  • edited 27 June at 1:24PM
    FideliaFidelia Forumite
    218 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 27 June at 1:24PM
    Parkyp said:
     His girlfriend has moved into a shared flat with friends so he seems to be spending a couple of nights there which I enjoy. Well when I say I enjoy I enjoy the tidy house knowing when I go to bed I get up the same way I left it🤣🤣.

I agree with you, Parkyp.  It's a good thing there are some pluses to compensate for the emptiness when our children have flown the nest isn't it?.  What I 'enjoyed' most when our youngest moved away was opening the fridge in the morning and everything I expected (or rather 'hoped') to find was still there.  That boy could eat for England and at strange hours of the night too!
    Tilly Tidy to £1000+ by 31/12/2021 Challenge
    J:£74.95 /F:£92.17 /M:£99.42 /A :£98.20 /M :£116.30 /J: £129.68 /July:£ 75.58
    Running 2021 total:  £686.30 / £1000 
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    13K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping everything crossed you’ll find a permanent TA post 🤞

No fear of empty nest syndrome in my house my 34 year old DD is still living with me with no signs of moving out.
    Christmas Savings 2021 £419.49/£600
    Emergency Fund £5400/£10,000
    July NSD: 11/15
  • milannmilann Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you’re ok and looking forward to the school holidays 👍