Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally - Page 1384

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

edited 18 November 2017 at 10:49AM in Debt Free Diaries
14K replies 802.1K views

Replies

• jwiljwil Forumite
    12.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a lovely time having DS3 home :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • elizabethhullelizabethhull Forumite
    672 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hope all is going well at school, and that the good weather makes the organisation a fraction less stressful.
  • milannmilann Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope all is well 👍
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beanielou said:
    So pleased you have DS3 home  :) 
    Thanks Beanie :)
    teafor2 said:
    Hi HHD,  I can feel your joy that DS is home :) The house he's in sounds perfect and hopefully there'll be no leaks onto his bed this time. I'm sure all boys have the nocturnal gene of hamsters lol. £100 sounds really good for petrol, food and getting to have DS home with you ;)  

My laundry basket is overflowing. I'm hoping for a break in the constant drizzle tomorrow so I can get some washing and drying done. Glad you've settled in at school. Hopefully some more TA sessions will come up and you'll pick up a couple more days. Do you mind me asking if you get paid as a TA3 now you've qualified. I have a couple of friends who have the TA3 qualification but the school only pays them at a TA2 rate and apparently some are paid at a TA1 level. Fingers crossed your DH's business will pick up again soon. Have a lovely time with all your boys. xx
    Thanks TF2 :). I actually have no idea what rate I'm paid. Well, my overtime form says MTA rates but they've asked me to put an extra hour a day on my timesheet when I claim for TA cover, so maybe that raises my pay up to TA level. I don't know how much the TAs at my school get paid. I get the impression they get less than £1000 a month. 

Yay to having DS3 home at last, you sound so excited and happy 😊what a stroke of luck for him and his housemates to get a good deal on their house 😀
    Thanks OBL :)
    Nicnak said:
    Sounds like you're going to have a lovely time all together now.
    Enjoy DS3 being home! X
    Thanks Nicnak :)
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £900/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jwil said:
    Have a lovely time having DS3 home :)
    milann said:
    Enjoy time with ds. 
    Pleased you’re enjoying being back at school.

Hope all is going well at school, and that the good weather makes the organisation a fraction less stressful.
    milann said:
    Hope all is well 👍
    Missing you hairy x
    Thanks everyone :). Sorry I've been awol. I seem to have been really busy juggling school with having DS3 at home.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £900/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300