Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally - Page 1365

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

edited 18 November 2017 at 10:49AM in Debt Free Diaries
14K replies 802.1K views

Replies

• HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beanielou said:
    I have no words. So sorry I have been wittering on about loosing my cat. 
    Your cat is very precious to you Beanie.
    Nicnak said:
    I hope you have a lovely Sunday Hairy, as good as it can be in the circumstances. 
    Take care. x
    Thanks Nicnak.

Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £900/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope DH has a lovely Birthday.  Congrats on getting all the rubbish sorted and being able to enjoy and plan your garden.

Sorry about BIL too xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DH seems to be enjoying his birthday today 🎉. We had morning coffee in the garden ☕, the sun was out ☀️ and it always seems quiet and peaceful at that time of day. He's pleased with his presents 🎁 and the DC all bought him something thoughtful. Now he's happily watching a film 📺 and munching chocolates 🍫. We're not getting a takeway for money-saving and virus-related reasons, but I'm going to cook instead. 

Apart from ironing some tops for work I don't need to do much else today but relax and as it's been a tiring week I intend to 🙂.
    I think a lot of men aren't too bothered about a lot of birthday fuss. As long as it's remembered, there are cards and something nice to eat, they're happy !

Enjoy a relaxing day.

(Got out of prison Fri evening, put washing on, hung it out -  and it promptly rained all over it !!!)
    Thanks Elizabeth :). I'm glad you're out of prison.
    Happy Birthday to DH 🎂 We never order takeaways either, I'm always disappointed with them and don't like the idea of not being able to see where they're cooked. I don't eat meat and don't like to think that my food might be in contact with it. You can make lots of nice fakeaways - much healthier and budget friendly.
    Thanks SA :). I agree about takeways, I often feel that they're not worth the money as we could have cooked something just as nice. I don't think vegetarian takeaway options are that good anyway.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £900/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300