Ryanair cancelling up to 50 flights a day

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have never flown Ryanair but what i have noticed is the number of people who call the company and Mr O"Leary but still use them,wonder what would happen if they took their money and ran leaving one less budget airline.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 October 2017 at 3:35PM
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Incorrect - they gave false information and had to be brought to heel by the CAA.

The IAA seems content to let them get away with anything that they like - presumably because Ryanair's too big in Ireland to be controlled properly.

So they didn't actually break any law as you claimed.
    Along with your insinuation that Ryanair skirt safety measures these are the usual whinges of the Ryanair begrudgers.
    Fact is old sport Ryanair is phenomenally successful,its passenger numbers are 11% up year on year and it has a staggering amount of cash in the bank.
    It seems it is very popular with everyone except those who can't follow clear booking instructions on its website.
    My latest FR sortie was last week and it involved flying to another country and back on the same day for lunch with old chums and it cost less than our first bottle of wine.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Like the knighthood given to BHS's Philip Green, perhaps?

Well as Michael O'Leary is an Irish citizen it would be an honorary knighthood.
    But as someone who employs thousands of UK staff and many more thousands in ancillary industries he has been extremely good for Britain.
    But I suspect nothing I suggest would assuage you of your outrage at once having to buy an on-board cheese and ham panini on a cheap as chips flight.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well as Michael O'Leary is an Irish citizen it would be an honorary knighthood.
    But as someone who employs thousands of UK staff and many more thousands in ancillary industries he has been extremely good for Britain.
    But I suspect nothing I suggest would assuage you of your outrage at once having to buy an on-board cheese and ham panini on a cheap as chips flight.

Don't bite to them Tom - some either don't get (or choose to pick holes in) the fact that 100m+ people now fly with Ryanair to places that they either previously couldn't or at prices they previously couldn't. Other than some of the regulations it has to abide by it's no different from National Express/Megabus and any journeys booked with them need to be treated as such

Personally I'd look elsewhere for a family holiday or time critical experience but for a weekend away with Mrs K or a few days of downtime from a local airport they'll get my ££
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mmm,pray tell us which laws Ryanair disregard ?

Their employment procedures were ruled to be in violation of Danish law not too long ago which led to Ryanair closing down their bases in Denmark.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Their employment procedures were ruled to be in violation of Danish law not too long ago which led to Ryanair closing down their bases in Denmark.

Ryanair's " bases "in Denmark were in fact a single aircraft based in Copenhagen.
    Following a ruling in 2015 by the Danish Labour Court that local staff could take strike action and refuse to service the aircraft because Ryanair operates under Irish labour laws rather than local ones O'Leary pulled the aircraft from Copenhagen.
    After it was revealed that Ryanair had also decided to divert €400million in investment from Copenhagen to Lithuania local Danish unions begged O'Leary to change his mind.
    He wouldn't.
    Basically the Danish equivalent of the TUC decided to play hardball with O'Leary against the wishes of the 50 Ryanair staff employed locally who ended up losing out.
    Ryanair still flies all its routes into Denmark so no passengers lost out.
    I think that's what is known as a pyrrhic victory for the Danish trade unions ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure