PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Please let me hold your hand...roll on 2018!

Options

Comments

• short_bird
    Options
    How's it all going? :D
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I did mean to update earlier this week...it rather feels like I'm holding my breath until I receive the results of the survey :o. I daren't do anything too practical re: packing atm, but I am now telling people that I am heading back home. I'm preparing for a full and active life in the place that I intend to call home for the rest of my life, so getting more involved in community activities I couldn't commit to before :).

The areas I feel like I'm winning on: food (quite enjoying not spending on it and watching the contents of the freezer dwindle bit by bit, ditto storecupboard) and dividing my summer clothing into stuff I can get rid of, and stuff I will keep but won't be using again this year - helped by a bit of therapeutic Kondo-ing. Once the two main bedrooms are dealt with, I'll be ready for the dreaded paperwork in my study / B3.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • lillibet_dripping
    Options
    Which part of Essex are you heading for?
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Which part of Essex are you heading for?
    The seaside. The very nice bit.

Cast all visions of Jaywick out of your mind....:D

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have an old school friend who now lives in Frinton-on-Sea...anywhere near?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    Go a fair bit south. (Don't want to out myself, though).

• lillibet_dripping
    Options
    Floss wrote: »

Inside or outside (to those 'in the know' that will make sense!!)
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • lillibet_dripping
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    The seaside. The very nice bit.

Cast all visions of Jaywick out of your mind....:D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Save
  • carol_candy
    Options
    Sounds like you are going to have a real new life in your new house. Same with you that I often want to drop out so many things like clothes and daily tools, but then new same things would be bought from market. So Just keep in mind be rational. rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    lillibet he's in...;)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories