PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Please let me hold your hand...roll on 2018!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Enjoy your new home hun xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely time in your new home. I hope you have plenty of bookshelves :)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Have a lovely time in your new home. I hope you have plenty of bookshelves :)
    Unfortunately not enough!! Seriously :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Happy New Home x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VfM well done on finally getting into your new home. :T Enjoy.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad you've made the move, congratulations and wishes for many decades of happiness in your new home!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Caterina wrote: »
    Glad you've made the move, congratulations and wishes for many decades of happiness in your new home!
    Too right, this is me for the next 40 years of I’m lucky enough to live for that long. The only way I’m leaving is in a coffin :D

It was so nice having family over for lunch this afternoon and then relaxing in my cosy library with the fire on, everyone said so. I feel very grateful for my good fortune.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Enjoy every moment of it x Home Sweet Home x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • White_musk
    Options
    Good luck in your new home. I wish I was as far along as you (in my new home). I move on 23rd January.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Well, 2018 has got off to an excellent start! Moving back took me long enough, but it’s the best thing I could have done. Things are coming together slowly but surely, and I love being here. It is just such a pleasant place compared with London. I’ve been having some work done to the house, and there is a great sense of community amongst local tradesmen and people in general. 3 good things that happened just today that confirm that I where I am meant to be:

1) my neighbour popped over for an impromptu chat and declared their relief at having a decent neighbour (me)! I have lovely people on either side of me.
    2) staff at the local diy.com are really nice helpful people, unlike the branch close to my previous home. I have renewed respect for B&Q.
    3) I slowed down in the car to let someone know they were driving the wrong way down a one-way street. In London that would have earned me a mouthful of abuse and possibly a hard slap, but the other driver was good natured.
    White_musk wrote: »
    Good luck in your new home. I wish I was as far along as you (in my new home). I move on 23rd January.
    Not long to go now, good luck with it!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure