Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 September 2017 at 11:27PM
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    Nothing to do with a credit check, good luck with that one.

Do you have online banking? Get checking.

Cancelling the card is not going to a make a difference, it's the same still sort code and account number.

I have taken a look at OB, and see no transactions nor withdrawals being made. His paperwork is lying around in the kitchen while he takes a shower and it seems Bristol Street Motors have taken payment of £200 from his 16 digit card number, but doesn't say what for on the receipt.

It also doesn't say anything about me on the paper work.

Does anyone know when you first buy a car, do they just take an initial payment?
  • goodwithsaving
    Options
    Rather than ifs or buts, why don't you just call them first thing and get answers from the horses mouth? I know you won't sleep and want answers now, but strangers on a forum aren't going to provide those for you. Don't rely on family members for truth. It's obviously serious and also weird as to why he would ask for bank details. I'd also tell my siblings where to go if they wanted to know earning history.
    Credit reports aren't updated the same day, normally at a set time each month.
  • System
    edited 8 September 2017 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Thank you. Going to phone them first thing in the morning at 9am once they're open and update you all.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Aaron
    Did you sign anything when you were in the car dealership?

I can think of no sensible (and honest) reason why your brother would ask for your bank details if he is buying a car.
    I have just spoken with my brother and the reason he needs my sort code and account number was because of my history (work history, income etc), which I heard nothing of until today.
    Your brother is talking nonsense.
    Sounds like the time to report for fraud, because when approaching him he said "Oh, because mum needs it as well" ?!?!?! What Fu**king for!!

Be very wary of starting something unless you are 100% sure that your brother has actually committed fraud.
    It is a serious allegation.

I hope the news is good and it turns out that your Mum and brother haven't tried to take advantage of you.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Hi Boris,

Thank for your kind words. She is not alright in the head, and hasn't got my disability down to a T when describing me during an assessment for PIP.

We received a form before going down to an assessment as I was previously on DLA asking if I wanted to move to PIP, I repeatedly told my nmother 'No, I can get around fine; cook meals; iron my own clothes; pay bills; bath myself etc' Yet insisted on filling and sending away the form because "it's more money in my pocket" according to her. Completely overshadowing what I said about not wanting to claim PIP because I feel fine.

Upon invitation to the assessment many weeks later she found the cheek to self-diagnose me with anxieties which I don't even suffer from. You either get assessed and diagnosed by your GP, otherwise you don't have it. Then began kicking me gently with her foot when I said the wrong thing than what she wanted me to say just she can pull the wool over the assessors eyes.

She would have said things like:
    "Aaron needs constant supervision when pouring a cup of coffee in case he burned his hand" or "He struggles to understand how to read cooking instructions". Fair enough I have autism but she takes things too far sometimes.

I have been destined to write this post for a long time, but wasn't too sure how to word it properly until now. She's a fraudulent liar.
    Aaron
    I find this very worrying.

It sounds like your Mum may be taking advantage of you.

You had another thread where you said your Mum was your appointee and that you maybe didn't need her to be anymore.

I and another poster asked some questions on that thread about your Mum being your appointee but you didn't come back to the thread.
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    Could the brother be fraudulently applying for a motability car in OP's name I wonder?

I disagree with Pollycat and I would let the police or adult social care know what has happened so that they can speak to the brother and the garage and determine what the info has been used for and put a warning shot across the brothers bows. It seems unlikely that OP will get an honest answer from either his mother or his brother about this and it also seems that they are taking advantage of his autism in ways which are possibly illegal and could increase his vulnerability
  • ecgirl07
    Options
    Have they used your name to finance a motobility car?

http://www.motability.co.uk/about-the-scheme/
  • System
    edited 9 September 2017 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Hi everyone

To clear the situation and put it under the carpet, I contacted the dealership this morning to say why would they need my sort code and account number. It turns out he wanted to make me a financial guarantor, but this declined when running a credit search. Therefore, he would have to pay for his car independently since my credit check failed, as did my mum's.

I think they do this before I need to sign a deceleration form. Anyway, good news is that nothing will be taken from my bank account.

Thank you for all your help.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Hi everyone

To clear the situation and put it under the carpet, I contacted the dealership this morning to say why would they need my sort code and account number. It turns out he wanted to make me a financial guarantor, but this declined when running a credit search. Therefore, he would have to pay for his car independently since my credit check failed, as did my mum's.

I think they do this before I need to sign a deceleration form. Anyway, good news is that nothing will be taken from my bank account.

Thank you for your help in trying to achieve the likely outcome of all this.
    But the bad news is that your brother tried to take financial advantage of you.
    And it would appear that your Mum knew this.

Perhaps you should be questioning whether your Mum is an appropriate appointee for you.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone

Thank you for all your help.

That's good news no money will be taken but I still have stern words about lying both brother and mum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure