Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Jacob Ress Mogg - next PM?

Options

Comments

• phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JRM is just all kinds of wrong. Careful what you wish for...
  • Jack_Johnson_the_acorn
    Options
    Matt_L wrote: »
    Absolutely, couldn't agree more but that isn't what he's doing, its a personal view, nothing more...

He said all abortions are immoral.
  • Jack_Johnson_the_acorn
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    So you are intolerant of those with the Catholic faith? What are you views on Muslims and Jews? Muslims regard abortion as wrong unless it puts the mothers life at risk. Strict Judaism permits abortion only in cases where continuing the pregnancy would put the mother's life in serious danger. In respect of Rape or Incest, abortion in these cases would only be permitted if continuing the pregnancy would cause the mother sufficient distress to endanger her health.

So, you find Catholics, Jews and Muslims totally repugnant and lacking intelligence. Do you know that that level of intolerance makes you?

I disagree with his views but what he says is not exactly unreasonable in respect of abortion. It is a question of faith and opinion as to when life actually begins. The law currently decides when it is right to terminate the child. Every country has a different length of time to which they feel is right. So, what is legal in one country could be murder in another.

As I said, I disagree with his views but I respect his right to have those views. He said himself that his views are different and that he wouldn't impose them on others.

Why am I not allowed to criticise his beliefs? Surely it would be intolerant of you not to allow me to hold the view I hold. So stop being silly.

Do yoi agree with making rape victims feel immoral. What a lovely person you just be.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do yoi agree with making rape victims feel immoral. What a lovely person you just be.

Your inability to debate without being abusive says more about you than me.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Jack_Johnson_the_acorn
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Your inability to debate without being abusive says more about you than me.

How was that abusive? Your inability to take criticism says more about you than it does about me.

I'm not intolerant of any faith. Believe what you want even if it's plainly ridiculous. But why you would expect to be immune from criticism? If You believe in murder because your religion says it's moral is that beyond criticism?

Intolerance would be attacking someone for holding a particular view or not allowing them to hold a particular view. I do neither. Unless they are purposefully out to harm an innocent party.
  • leslieknope
    Options
    do you really think a man that says it's immoral for a woman who has been raped by a family member to have a termination should be leading a country? you know, one of those pesky countries where women make up over half of the population and, unfortunately, rape does occur to a percentage of that population?

and besides all of that, what has he accomplished? except exciting all of the middle class meme lovers. he failed many times to be elected as MP until 2010. has been accused of plagiarism. was forced to resign from a directorship position at a hospital. has been reported for his conflicts of interest. filibusters even his own party. believes spending £250,000 on a portrait of MPs to be nothing. wants to abolish climate change protections. supports zero-hour contracts without reservation. OH and he refused to wear a wig on have i got news for you.

would honestly like to know what makes him a genuine candidate for leadership? especially given the majority of his party do not share his traditionalist views.

but sure, he has "beliefs" (like everyone does) and he named his kid sixtus. totally leader-worthy.
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • Moby
    Moby Posts: 3,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing incenses me more than a man telling a woman what she should do with her body. Anyway he has been exposed for what he is now but Ali G did a number on him years ago.
    https://youtu.be/szGxq3pvJPQ
  • Fella
    Fella Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Corbyn of course, is friends with the IRA (Catholic), Hamas & Hezbollah (Islamic).

Where is the outcry from the Corbynistas over his friendship with such groups bearing in mind their beliefs?

Nowhere, because Corbynistas are hypocrites who never criticize their man.

Yep JRM really does have them squealing in fear.
  • Moby
    Moby Posts: 3,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fella wrote: »
    Corbyn of course, is friends with the IRA (Catholic), Hamas & Hezbollah (Islamic).

Where is the outcry from the Corbynistas over his friendship with such groups bearing in mind their beliefs?

Nowhere, because Corbynistas are hypocrites who never criticize their man.

Yep JRM really does have them squealing in fear.

Nothing new to say then;) and do you seriously believe a person with views such as his has political opponents 'squealing in fear'. He is the gift that just keeps on giving!
  • Fella
    Fella Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No need to say anything new about Corbyn when the existing evidence against him is so overwhelming.

That being said I'm sure his list of despicable behaviour will continue to mount up. Most likely in the treatment of his own Labour MPs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure