Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Morning Lush. Missed you.

Hugs on the undeserved gain. Your meal plan looks good. Could it be hormones? I know sometimes my weight can vary by up to half a stone because of hormones.
    There seems to be lots of speed in your plan. Is it 1/3?
    has your portion size grown? I know you can in theory you can eat as much as you like as long as a third is speed, but I think portion size sometimes needs keeping an eye on.

It's under 1/3rd at breakfast - I usually have an apple/easy peeler/both around this time to cover that then more at meal times - more like half as a rule for evening meals lunches vary from almost all speed (and some cooked meat or egg for protein) to 1/3rd if it's leftovers.
    I actually think my portion size has decreased somewhat, simply because the plates we have now don't hold as much as the older plates! Lunches are also much smaller - I do tend to eat lunch quite late which is probably not too great. this week I may try setting an alarm for 12.30 and eat lunch then to avoid not eating until 2pm/after.
    maman wrote: »
    Good to see you posting lush. Have you had your holiday yet?:)

I think 'keep plodding' is the best advice we can give. I know that exercise can prevent weightloss to begin with but I'm delighted you're getting to the gym just for the me time, anything else is a bonus. On your low calorie days do you stick to plan? I think you should as that would probably work a bit like SP (so still SW but lower calorie because of no carbs in the case of SP).
    Hi maman, holiday is a week today which I think is especially getting me down today as I'd wanted to have lost a stone if not 1.5st by then!

On a 1250 cal day I'd usually have something like: 2 eggs scrambled with water served with 50g baked beans and 2 slices smoked ham plus spinach if we have some in, an apple or kiwi as a snack, homemade soup for lunch or a salad with cooked ham then for tea chicken or similar with a small jacket potato and more salad. If it's a gym day I'd also have 2 crumpets with 1 tsp jam or a mugshot about an hour before finishing work. so still got speed in, some carbs to provide energy for the gym

this morning I've done some lower body weights, 30 mins treadmill, 10 mins handbike and a 1000m (5 min) row. I think I will do some upper body resistance stuff tonight off a plan someone sent me, do my HIIT based dvd tomorrow, gym Wednesday, dvd Thursday then rest fri-sun. Monday we are at longleat so walking and playing, tues-thurs at centreparcs so lots of walking/swimming/playing, Friday we will go to the coast near there, Saturday is drayton manor, sunday is Cadbury world (not one for choc atm due to some minor oral surgery last week but will save money on hubs snacks/treats!) then back to normal on the Monday. I'm thinking of taking my dvd with us as there's a dvd player in the lodge then I can do it once or twice when its quiet/others nap
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    Good luck Shiprob for tonight.

Well done to everyone. Even if weight isn't coming off inches might be instead.

Went out Saturday for a friends birthday. Had a couple of drinks - but not the fruit cider other than half a mango cider. Did have a raspberry gin which was rather nice.

Anyway been on the scales and have

-4lbs

Which I'm really surprised at. More chuffed I've broke the 15 stone barrier and lost what I put on last week in all honesty. Really really surprised.

Today I'm having:

Breakfast- weetabix with milk (hexa and hexb)
    Dinner- 2 sausages from birds (6 syns I think) with sweet potato, mushrooms and small peppers roasted in the oven
    Tea - fish and mixed vegetables roasted in the oven.

I'll probably have a couple of oranges and apples too.

Mum put 2lbs on and we still can't find where she has put my book :( only live in a small house so it shouldn't be that hard to find but seems to take ages sometimes. I've moved my other books to the kitchen so I can keep track where they are
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's a great loss dawyldthing . Well done! I keep my book in the kitchen too, alongside recipe books . Before I had the app on my phone it was useful for looking up syns and the habit stuck. Are birds sausages a brand?

That sounds like a good menu lush . Although I don't count calories as such, I do try to have as many SP lunches as I can to cut the carbs. It's a mystery why you aren't losing yet but it should come good in the end.

I've taken myself out to get away from decorators in the kitchen. I went to Morrisons (I know how to live:D) as I wanted some lean corned beef for hash. Then as I'm on the right side of city I came down to the seaside. I'm tempted by the caf! that does JPs and all day breakfast but limited myself to a coffee. :)
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone got a good syn free houmous or dip recipe please?

I think I will need carrot sticks and dip tonight :)
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    can anyone tell me if there's any syns listed for items from Crawshaw butchers (butchery chain with 52/53 stores i think mostly in Yorkshire/the north) on the online directory. They don't provide nutritional info for their burgers/sausages etc on their packaging
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    can anyone tell me if there's any syns listed for items from Crawshaw butchers (butchery chain with 52/53 stores i think mostly in Yorkshire/the north) on the online directory. They don't provide nutritional info for their burgers/sausages etc on their packaging

Sorry lush, nothing on syns online.:(
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Has anyone got a good syn free houmous or dip recipe please?

I think I will need carrot sticks and dip tonight :)

Tin of chickpeas drained. Tablespoon of 0% fat greek yoghurt. Garlic or fresh chilli (or both!) Squirt of lemon juice. Whizz up, job done!
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    Nah it's like a butchers/ cake shop/ bread rolls shop in the East Midlands pretty much. Not sure if there elsewhere but I think it's more of a local area thing. They do really nice sausages, cooked meats and cakes too like elephants foot but am keeping off them now
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    shipr!!!95 wrote: »
    IT'S WEIGH DAY!!!

Weigh in number 37

Will I get to target today? I hope so....... I have been really really good this week. No alcohol, and keeping within 15 syns everyday (except Thursday.... a big cup cake :rotfl:)

Here's hoping :D

Good luck xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck Shiprob for tonight.

Well done to everyone. Even if weight isn't coming off inches might be instead.

Went out Saturday for a friends birthday. Had a couple of drinks - but not the fruit cider other than half a mango cider. Did have a raspberry gin which was rather nice.

Anyway been on the scales and have

-4lbs

Which I'm really surprised at. More chuffed I've broke the 15 stone barrier and lost what I put on last week in all honesty. Really really surprised.

Today I'm having:

Breakfast- weetabix with milk (hexa and hexb)
    Dinner- 2 sausages from birds (6 syns I think) with sweet potato, mushrooms and small peppers roasted in the oven
    Tea - fish and mixed vegetables roasted in the oven.

I'll probably have a couple of oranges and apples too.

Mum put 2lbs on and we still can't find where she has put my book :( only live in a small house so it shouldn't be that hard to find but seems to take ages sometimes. I've moved my other books to the kitchen so I can keep track where they are
    :T:T:T well done
    How many syns are in chocolate orange segsations please? Asking for a friend who may or may not have eaten four this morning :o
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :D Thank you! She is and says they were lovely with a cup of tea :)

My menu for today

B - Chicken and tomato SW quiche and toast. And 8 syns have gone somewhere alongside a cup of tea.

D - Leftover chinese beef noodles, carrot sticks and an apple.

T - Bolognese sauce on either a jacket potato or SW chips.

Happy wriggling bump this morning.
    Really made me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Glad baby is happy:T:T:T must have enjoyed the orange;)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure