PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Pigpen, is the dog for one of your family? !

yes, my youngest sister. The training is the bulk of the cost. We have a few people offering pups for half price but the training and vaccinations and health check they need bumps the cost massively.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Swimming lessons were.. interesting..

Squeak got in nervously.. she followed instructions well, tried really hard and had a meltdown when we had to leave.

Pixie clung to the teachers neck like a limpet and tried really hard, she was the youngest by far, she did really well and was happily dipping her face in the water by the end... given she only just started sitting down in the bath a few months ago this is massive progress.

Twinkle fought the entire time because she wanted to get in to!

Dot.. Wow... she is a nightmare.. she leaped in, she wouldn't stay holding the bar like she was supposed to, she kept swimming off, doing her own thing, trying to reach the bottom, trying to climb out.. then the teacher asked her to float on her back.. well she was terrified and screaming 'help me up!! help me up!!' so the teacher was laughing at her silliness.. she moaned when it was time to leave too.. but got dried and dressed as nicely as she ever does... while Squeak was running about the changing room naked refusing to put any clothes on.

Can't wait for next week.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a fun outing Piggers, which reminds me ds2 has school swimming next week and I don't know which day.

Mrs M P lovely photos. I have sent you a friend request on f b. X

First dance classes after the holidays so my muscles are in shock.

Few hours spent helping unpack a large house. Ds2 was well behaved and helped.

Airing cupboard sorted
    Bath mats washed
    Ds1 work uniform washed
    Handwashed a tie.

We are helping unpack again tomorrow
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all,

Biggest of hugs to you Dizzy - I hope today is brighter for you xx

Had a totally lazy day yesterday & DH cooked a delicious dinner. I've got loads of laundry to get through today, and must tidy round. Will try & chill this afternoon as a busy week ahead.

Have lovely days all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Is FBO on holiday? Not seen her posts this week

Holiday? Fat chance:rotfl:

Sorry. I've been lurking. Despite having got a cleaner, life is even more manic. At the moment I am sitting waiting to find out whether the Royal Navy have fixed their boat. If they have, we are NOT going diving.

I spent yesterday running around like a blue ar*ed fly getting all the Sunday jobs done. Shopping, Meal prep, Washing etc. Packed the car with dive kit and then about 1600 got the news that friends vessel was putting to sea early. Then by 2330 they had broken the boat. Final SITREP due at 0930:mad:

I'm actually hoping it is cancelled. Its dreich, cold and grey. I fancy an afternoon of bouldering and the chance to go out for an anniversary meal. DH is on 24-7 on call at the moment to tick off 2 more rare operations before he can get signed off. This means we can't go further than 1/2hr from the hospital and he can be called in any minute. This will go on indefinitely:eek:

My new job is great, but inevitably I am doing extra hours. I get paid, but I need to be more strict. I had a meltdown a couple of weeks ago and am now back at counselling. I need to break the money = status = self-worth mindset before it gets me into serious trouble.

Sorry for rabbiting on. ((((Hugs)))) and sticks to any in need. I'm hanging on to spoons I'm afraid.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't posted in ages as I'm about 3 weeks behind on the forums and I'm reading back! I had a question I know you can help with though! Someone is coming to do a valuation as we're getting a better mortgage deal :money: so, what are my priorities in clearing up?! OH will hoover and do bathrooms, and I'll clean the kitchen, not sure about other things - clutter etc?
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hugs FBO, you can have my spoons, I'm running on caffeine today :p

Welcome back doobop they are not valuing your tidiness, just the structure and space - tidy any excess away, run the duster and vac round, wipe the counters, pop the loo seat down and spray with air freshener ;)

Had v little sleep. But just had a refreshing shower, getting ready for football now. Definitely taking a camping chair today <yawn> :rotfl:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have three loads of washing on the line. I have cleaned out the bunny and am clearing up after DS had friends round...because I won't but dirty bottles in recycling I am washing them up.

I'm visiting York tomorrow (miss Cycling) with my friends, which means I will be busy the rest of the week.

Once I have eaten next job is to put the aired ironing away then iron some more...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Oh why did I sleep till 9am? I feel so groggy and will need to do some exercise today or I will never get to sleep tonight! Wasnt late to bed either.

Dizzy I feel for you. The trouble with social anxiety is that you go somewhere, then analyse every word you said afterwords, picking it over until you convince yourself that you sounded stupid and everyone was quietly laughing at you. So next time you talk yourself out of going and then feel annoyed with yourself for missing out. I dont have the answer but I do know how it feels! Hope today is better x

Valli if I washed the bottles after DS has had his friends round for pre-drinks I would be there all weekend. I swear the bin man thinks we have a problem in this house.

So - flying. About 5 hours yesterday sorting laundry, stripping beds, dusting, hoovering and tidying. DH took me out for tea so I didnt have to cook - did wonder why he couldnt have just cooked - but it was a nice treat.

DS asked if I fancied taking him and gf to the big shops today. I quite fancy having a look for some new bedroom curtains. DH was sulky because he doesnt want to go, will see what happens this morning.

Off for a shower and wash my hair, oh and hang out another load of washing! Have a nice Sunday everyone x
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 September 2017 at 11:09AM
    Options
    Doobop wrote: »
    I haven't posted in ages as I'm about 3 weeks behind on the forums and I'm reading back! I had a question I know you can help with though! Someone is coming to do a valuation as we're getting a better mortgage deal :money: so, what are my priorities in clearing up?! OH will hoover and do bathrooms, and I'll clean the kitchen, not sure about other things - clutter etc?

Get shot of Stuff. It makes it look as though you don't have enough space to put things away.

Got persuaded to go to a fundraising gig yesterday in aid of Sepsis Awareness. Couldn't refuse, particularly as somebody from University's wife has been in Intensive Care since mid August with it. Got more soaked than if I'd had a bucket of water chucked over me, so we left quite early and I spent the evening in a dressing gown because I had got chilled to the bone.

Debating about hoiking Himself out of bed as somebody's coming tomorrow afternoon to fix the dripping kitchen tap that is probably costing far too much money on the water bill and they need to be able to get to the sink without contracting Tetanus. :mad: And then somebody else is coming to deal with the non existent hot water pressure on Thursday afternoon. It's only taken six years to convince anybody that it isn't normal with a brand new system for hot water to trickle and only work when it feels like doing it. :wall:

I hear movement upstairs. There might be life stirring up there.

He's down. The kettle's on and he might be about to speak to me.

ae5cc-alive.jpg?w=490&h=315
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family