What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 28 August

Options

Comments

• La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OK, I will join you all on the cutting back in September...but hang on a minute while I buy just one new handbag while it's still August :rotfl:

I have been bad for handbags this year but I'm pretty sure this one will last me years and years :o:p
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, I will join you all on the cutting back in September...but hang on a minute while I buy just one new handbag while it's still August :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Hope the little 'un had a good first day at school Purps! :A
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 August 2017 at 6:45PM
    Options
    Morning - arrggghhhhh Sept is hurtling towards us! Today is my last day off then back to work Thurs & Fri and then madam starts school on Monday _pale_ it's too soon, she's too young, I'm not ready!

purps hope lil purp had a good day x

I'm in for the super frugal September! I've also joined the NST Sept thread, and also another.

Things for today:

* [STRIKE]go through freezer/larder and do meal plan[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]go through cc statement - think I'll do that in a minute....[/STRIKE] done not as bad as I thought! [STRIKE]Just need to sit down with oh and work out holiday spends and then I'm all straight :T[/STRIKE] just went through accounts and we came in £2 under budget :money:
    * [STRIKE]call cc re late payment and see if they'll remove[/STRIKE] phew glad I did that. That's £12 not coming out of my account :)
    * [STRIKE]check banking[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]read martin's email[/STRIKE]
    *[STRIKE] meeting up with dd at soft play - will give madam lunch early before we go ;)[/STRIKE] she came here instead on account of the fact I couldn't face soft play due to toothache - £5 saved ;) booked dentist appt
    * make vegan cake & jam as didn't do yesterday
    * photo things for fleabay
    * free exercise on bike ;) (it almost killed me yesterday!)
    [STRIKE]* flylady bedrooms [/STRIKE] and bathroom :A
    * check through fridge to make sure nothing goes to waste
    * bath & pamper session this evening. Will give myself a facial using products in the cupboard :)
    * swept up the fallen damson leaves and put in an old compost bag for this year's leaf mound before the rain started ;)
    * Measure playsuit zip I need to replace and nip into town after softplay to the CS that has a whole haberdashery section
    * see if they have pinking scissors so I can continue making the beeswax wraps :money:

Think that's all I need to do :D have a great day guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All,

Managed a NSD yesterday,homemade pizza which was great and a homemade rice pudding.

Off to softplay today with DD, £5 plus a coffee.

Posted Ebay parcel and listed a few more bits.

I have been invited to join a online focus group, which a well paying and would help towards Christmas so I have put this in the calendar.

Purchased a pressure washer, I sense I might be busy for a few day!

Looked a budget for the month.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: quick one before I am away for my last official 'long day' that is, although DD started school yesterday (thanks for all the good wishes:T) she's not in today :eek: so I have to drop one off near home, then travel just over an hour to drop other off for childcare, then 30 minutes to work. What happens the other end of the day is anyone's guess as DH is driving to the south coast and back so it just depends on where he is as to what order I ave to collect them in :rotfl: things for today:

DH and I have spicy sweet potato and black bean wraps for lunch. Made with 2 SP I froze after baking when they were on the turn. Black beans I'd also batch cooked and frozen
    Hot drink for commute
    HM Victoria sponge for snack
    Frozen ys yogurt in DD lunch box, we never buy them full price and always freeze them
    Carbonara for tea, forgot cream on shopping list, so will make wth creame fraiche instead
    Package up fleabay parcel I didn't get round to last night
    More knitting tonight, stops me snacking too :rotfl: (moneysaving two ways ;))

Will look at challenge too, don't normally do them either but I really want our loan to be reduced significantly asap, so any frugality would go towards that. Enjoy your day peeps.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Raining today and we are looking after little GD. I have a doctors appointment which means that OH will need to watch her for an hour - he has decided that they will bath the dog while I am gone - what could possibly go wrong? :rotfl::rotfl:

Today's small things:
    Some baking with GD
    HM food from stores
    Not planning any spends!
    Ironing later - I did some last night :A - and then discovered I had forgotten the big basketful by my feet :o
    Sort through fridge
    Pick veg and fruit if / when the rain stops
    Check for surveys later
    Check banks :eek:

Have a good day! :)
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Hi gang :wave:

So Purps... do you mean you buy ys normal yoghurt, then freeze it and then put it in the lunch box frozen so it defrosts just before you're going to eat it?? I presume so, but I've never thought of that!!! Or do you have some sort of super cool lunch boxes that keep your frozen yoghurt frozen... :p

Ooh DNMS - madam is young starting school. Big girl pants (for you :p) defo needed next week!

I'm WFH this morning, can then enjoy a 2.5h lunch to make up for the couple of hours I did at the weekend. Basically just sorting stuff around the house and calling people I need to call.

I'm actually looking forward to September - does feel like a new start/new year even though I don't have kids. I do really want to do a major cut back (handbag was momentary blip :p), but OH is just not up for it at all. Can't understand why I would want to since he's just started his new job and got a £3k payrise and I got a payrise recently too. I think all the more reason to as we have more money to put to good use! If I can stay on top of packed lunches (it's not much difference making two packed lunches than just one, just that he's fussier...!) then that will go a long way towards not spending during the week. There are no shops near him (except a v expensive sandwich shop where it could be around £7 for a meal deal and a coffee...) so if he has crisps and chocolate he is basically happy. I am the one near all the temptation of shops but can then get a cheaper sandwich. Minefield! :rotfl: Sorry, I will stop rambling now...:rotfl:

Right, best go...

Catch up soon!
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Oooh, I've got a 4% discount off T esco vouchers and then also got a £10 moc off £70 spend... So I'll pay £57.60 for £70-worth of groceries. Off to a good start on the new groceries regime. :T

Just a shame I've already spent over £250 in August but I don't think I can hold off until Friday...!
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi gang :wave:

Ooh DNMS - madam is young starting school. Big girl pants (for you :p) defo needed next week!

I'm actually looking forward to September - does feel like a new start/new year even though I don't have kids. I do really want to do a major cut back (handbag was momentary blip :p), but OH is just not up for it at all. Can't understand why I would want to since he's just started his new job and got a £3k payrise and I got a payrise recently too. I think all the more reason to as we have more money to put to good use! If I can stay on top of packed lunches (it's not much difference making two packed lunches than just one, just that he's fussier...!) then that will go a long way towards not spending during the week. There are no shops near him (except a v expensive sandwich shop where it could be around £7 for a meal deal and a coffee...) so if he has crisps and chocolate he is basically happy. I am the one near all the temptation of shops but can then get a cheaper sandwich. Minefield! :rotfl: Sorry, I will stop rambling now...:rotfl:

Right, best go...

Catch up soon!

I resent making oh's lunches all the time, if I'm honest. It really bugs me where food is concerned he never thinks ahead. But then if I don't make it and be resourceful he either complains that there's nothing to eat or buys expensive stuff. It's one of the things I have to just accept about him and try to be zen, remind myself of my many faults. It's the same with shutting drawers and putting stuff away, he never does it!

I know! too sad, she's too young, I haven't basked in her glory enough :(
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business