Options

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.

Many thanks for starting us off DNMS

Myself and DD are off for a long weekend from Thursday for sporting competitions so we are trying to get prepared early.

DD has to go away for tonight for extra training but spied 3 bananas past their best and did some baking with them:).

I went out to stock up on some bits ready for the cat sitter, also bought some cat litter and will need to get some more on Wednesday. I also got some foodie bits ready for DD for uni, she has a stash building up on top of the cat food cupboard. I had a coupon for £5 off and another coupon so feel like I've made good use of them:j.

Updated spends book and banking all checked this morning. Gutted that more cat food buying on Wednesday will take me over my grocery challenge budget but I have bought extras for DD this month, so it does balance out if you took all of these spends out of the equation.
    A load of washing out on the line, it is warm, but looks like it is going to chuck it down later so I am hoping that the weather holds.

Early night planned tonight......with paperwork. Was efficient this morning, up at 6.30am and once I had sorted me and the cats out I was at the paperwork so making the most of the productive day......they don't come along that often:rotfl::rotfl:
    Having 5 minutes out and then I'm going to attack the kitchen floor!
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 August 2017 at 2:09PM
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »

Pick some cucumbers, DNMS, how long does your pickled cucumber last for, the recipe says to eat in a few hours?

Not sure, but this one keeps well FVD
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66079062&postcount=90

I have made it each year since MrsLurcherwalker (Lyn) posted her recipe :)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,189 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Monday Money Savers,
    Decided not to have a BH trip out as needed to do a bit of planning & mr f well due some leisure time. Today's small things:
    *Last night's leftover BBQ for lunch pkus beetroot gifted by allotment friend.
    *Leftover scones for coffee break.
    *Laundry drying for free outside.
    *Washing machine on 90 deg service wash. Salesman told us that nobody needs to waste money on extended warranty as long as they remember to run a 90 deg cycle each month with plain water.
    *Made apple sauce with some wrinkly apples from fruit bowl & 2 windfalls from garden.
    *Picked another lb of tomatoes.
    *Water veggies later when it's cooled down a little.
    *Entered 2 competitions.
    *Decided on best recipe for using tomato glut currently sitting hopefully on worktop. Checked all ingredients so as to ensure I only buy those I need.
    *Negotiated car day with mr f......tomorrow.....so will make list of all I can usefully do while I'm out as can get free parking.
    *Had camping trip planning session with mr f. Made list of what to take......only spends will be replacement air bed & a couple of extra gas cannisters. Made list of food to take too. Won't need to buy much. Sorted food budget logistics for when we are there.
    *Air bed inflated to try & find the leak. Also checked valve. No visible problems but bed deflated badly on last trip. Think solution is to get one in the sale to take with us if original one gets up to its tricks again.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & a home made porridge pot breakfast.
    *Try to finish library book for returns bag.
    *Knit
    *Started digging out my favourite recipes for pears as we look to be on for a huge crop.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Is the mattress waterproof, Foxgloves? You could try putting it in water a bit at a time to see where the bubbles come out?

My wardrobe has been collected, DS is home from Reading, has had a bath and is in bed.

I've had a bit of a tidy of the garden, pulled out most of my antirhinums, even though they are my favourites, because they have gone all straggly this year.

I've cut back a lot of the leaves on the courgettes so the bees, and me, can get to the flowers/courgettes easier. I've decided courgettes and tomatoes will both be being planted on the dirt track at the back of our houses next year. Aubergines can stay in the garden, also celery, and I'm going to try my hand at growing raspberries next year.

Tonight will be spent doing more laundry and more sorting of stuff, livin' the dream :D
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Living the dream indeed, FVD! :D I'm just about to log on to do a bit of work so I am also living the dream. :D

Have I told you lot about the second-hand designer shop I like? You can sell your stuff there and you get 50% of the sale price. I've got a bag and two pairs of shoes to take there tomorrow. I don't know why I've been reluctant to open an account there (always thought I don't have anything 'designery' enough to sell there so not really worth it) but the bag and one pair of shoes was from there so that seems silly... Maybe make £30 or so.

Took the dog a walk to a National Trust place so used our membership.

OH is working job#2 at the mo (or is this technically job#3...? I lose track!) so he'll be in later to batch cook something for tonight's tea and tomorrows lunches for us. I'm going to make overnight oats so we're also ready for brekkie.

Purps - I started reading Mrs Frugalwoods blog but I got a bit lost in it all... Will check it out again though and maybe sign up for frugal month challenge thingy. Did you do that?

Take care everyone! :beer:
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Purps - I started reading Mrs Frugalwoods blog but I got a bit lost in it all... Will check it out again though and maybe sign up for frugal month challenge thingy. Did you do that?

Take care everyone! :beer:

La e I did sign up and I would say it focused my mind, I didn't follow it step for step and some of it doesn't work for us but it was worth a read through and I got a lovely frugal lunch recipe that I have regularly. Which in itself was worth it.
  • PurpleFairy26
    edited 28 August 2017 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Didn't use our passes as I didn't know where DH had put the car key or the spare :mad: we went blackberry picking instead. It was right at the end of season , but we got a small box full. Also some damsons or sloes, not sure which.

Had our picnic at home instead :o except for one wrap which I've kept for DD lunch tomorrow :) fleabayer came, was on time and lovely. Space and cash appreciated.

Done some knitting this afternoon which was lovely and then had an end of holiday BBQ. Luckily had stuff in freezer for it. More knitting tonight I think.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    La E, when I lived in Croydon there were a few shops like that, one designer, one kids wear and another that was all baby equipment and toys etc. I sold DS's pram there, I think they're a great idea.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 August 2017 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Morning :) Looks like it was busy here last night after I sloped off to the cinema! Cinema is such a steal! £8.90 for 2 adult tickets, a drink and a bag of sweets :money: film was ok, not really my bag but dd laughed loads throughout so that was nice to see :)

[STRIKE]Feeling lazy but need to get myself into gear if I'm going to go to the lottie for an hour before oh goes to work.... [/STRIKE]I went. It rewarded me for my love & care with some lovely fresh produce :)

yesterday I planted about 8 potatoes another allomtentier gave me. Hopefully we'll have potatoes come Christmas :D

[STRIKE]Not sure what we're planning today. Debating between going out as it's the penultimate day of our hols, or just having a home/park/library/baking day [STRIKE]madam has asked if we can go to the theme park.
    Cost is £13.50 but with our discount card will save £19. Will take packed lunch & snacks[/STRIKE] back to original plan! Made the suggestion and madam was suitably enthused by a day at home :money:
    [/STRIKE]

yesterday we went to a beach and it was rammo! Literally wasn't an inch of spare beach! We spent a grand total of £1.80 and had a full afternoon there :money:

[STRIKE]Need to do the roasted veg at some point. [/STRIKE]Will bake a cake while the oven is on ;)prepped massive roasting tray using up beetroot, carrots, courgettes, patty pan, BNS and tomatoes :money:

[STRIKE]washed & trimmed french beans, washed & sliced runner beans and froze [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]
    lunch is lo sandwiches from yesterday :money:[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]sorted out childcare credit figure. [/STRIKE]We will be reducing vouchers from £243 to £30 pc,m and this will cover the coming year :T

[STRIKE][STRIKE]flylady[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]

did 10 mins on exercise bike and 11 mins hula hooping -
    jeez I'm outta shape! Aiming to do the same again after madam goes to bed

sort out cc balance

write a list of shopping for weekend camping

Go through freezer/larder and make a meal plan - hopefully minimal spends ;)

[STRIKE]Phone and order bed :j thanks so much for that link La E going to get a quilt from there :money:[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]oh take ys sausage roll for lunch ;)[/STRIKE]

Ok that'll do for now. Have a great day guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello: quick one to keep me on the straight and narrow as I must go and get smalls up as it's back to school and youngest starts today :eek: (well an hour anyway :rotfl:). I've just ironed her dress, only £1 from secondhand uniform shop ;)

Other things:
    Meals from stores, got mince out yesterday to make lasagne
    Make a cake/biscuits later
    More knitting tonight, I really enjoyed it yesterday and I'm close to finishing the body
    Small load of washing on and dry outside
    Feed tomatoes - didn't do this yesterday, although they did get a good water
    Check banking surveys and FPL. Cash out £3 from one.
    Post fleabay item, move money to savings all £1.89 of it :rotfl:
    Quick shower, hair dry naturally, use new cheap shampoo now I've finished the ghastly branded one that I bought (on offer, of course) that didn't do my hair any good at all
    Get two things I forgot yesterday at shop - I forgot list :o but did very well on not getting extra, just forgot two things I needed.

Enjoy your days peeps. Purps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport