PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    So between yesterday and this morning, we've spent £12.31 on topping up bits from the cupboard (needed butter, milk, cheese, foil etc) and DH forgot breakfast this morning so we picked up sausage sandwiches which were a bit of a treat.
    £187.69 left and I do plan on spending £20 of that on prosecco at the weekend :rotfl: and offset it with a few NSD's.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Where has the year gone!! Seems to be flying by!!

Can you please put me down for £140 commencing from 25/8.

Thanks

SIL
  • TooClumsy
    TooClumsy Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello! Please count me in for £250 for 2 adults, including cleaning goods and alcohol. Thanks!
    GC Challenge 2018:
    Jan £309.44/£290.72
    Feb £204.81/£290
    March £153.60/£300
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in for £100 again please. I'm not sure how it'll go as my boy starts school this year so I'll need to make him dinner every night instead of nursery feeding him. On the other hand I won't be spending as much for childcare so i might end up increasing the budget if necessary. Let's see how it goes.

Good luck everyone!
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Can I be in for £160 please, to run from Sept 1 - 28, two adults, groceries only.

Tbf, we will still be on holiday until Sept 9 but I'm keeping the budget "as is" because I'll need to do a fairly large online order when we get back - my cupboards are so bare you could be forgiven for thinking my name is Old Mother Hubbard! ;)

As ever, a big thanks to those running the thread :A
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • njk1012
    njk1012 Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It seems that our September budget may start a couple of days early due to payday for both of us falling on Sunday, bonus that we should get paid tomorrow, but it will be a long month. The initial week or so should be reduced slightly by this weeks yellow sticker hunt (from August's budget) Tonight i managed to get a fair amount of bread reduced, 4 packs of cooked ham at 15p each, 6 packs of corned beef at 9p each, 6 packs of donut peaches at 12p each, 3 packs of turkey mince at £1 each and the bargain of the century (for me anyway) a whole seasoned fresh chicken for a grand total of 9p!!!! All the meat is stashed in the freezer and will be used for meals next week, hopefully reducing spends a bit!
    Grocery Challenge Sept 2021 £95.40/£500
    Declutter and Clean - 66
  • wooderz79
    Options
    Hi all - I'm a newbie. I've been stalking the August thread and am super impressed with your low budgets. I'm setting ours at £400 (5 weeks) for 2 adults, 2 children and one cat for food/toiletries/alcohol. Have started meal planning over the last few weeks, so hope to continue with that.

I'd love to think we can reduce the budget but that is already a lot less than it was at the end of July, so we'll see...

W79
    Sept 2017 GC £76.54/£400

LBM - July 2017 - £22,257.42 :eek:
    Aug 2017 1002.98/22,257.42 4.5%
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please add me in for £120 for September - thanks
  • njk1012
    njk1012 Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So i did the first weekly shop with a list for the first time in months and stuck to it. No idea how i managed to stay so blinkered to everything else.. may my resolve continue! Anyway total spends today £54.20 on all the weekly basics.
    Grocery Challenge Sept 2021 £95.40/£500
    Declutter and Clean - 66
  • chirpychick
    chirpychick Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can I join please?
    I've been on before but I loose track!
    Hubby being made redundant soon and I'm desperately trying to lower our outgoings!
    Starts today.
    2 adults, 1 4 year old (we all have allergies and intolerances)
    2 dogs, 1 hamster & the fish lol
    Hubby did go to Morrisons earlier and spent some but I'll update when I know how much.
    At the moment we are shopping daily as we find we spend less that way.
    £280
    Everything is always better after a cup of tea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family