Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anything where you can shop from the cupboards or the freezer at the moment is a bonus. I like that feeling when you serve up something you made from scratch, and I always find the boys are more forgiving if they have helped make it.

I vaguely remember making a scone based frying pan pizza at school that might be useful when the bread flour runs out. How are your cheese stores? Can't run out of cheese after all.

Rather than scones with the littles maybe try rock buns - more forgiving. Or welshcakes as they don't use the oven. I use Elaines recipe off her mortgagefreeinthree blog.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oooh thanks redo! I might just do that! I have tons of raisins for rock cakes! Will have to look at that blog.
    Think I have 5 or 6 bags of flour left at the moment, have used bread flour in ordinary baking when I've run out, I also have a huge bag of chipatti flour they I got super cheap in Tesco ages ago. I love making chipattis too, and curry mmmm... Making myself hungry again, wondering whether to make dhal for dinner tomorrow.

Cheese is getting low Ish, will survive another week, but will need to factor in a block in the budget the following week! Not sure how I'm going to manage that so should be interesting!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Morning!

No plans for today well, apart from the jobs I didn't get done. Atleast I have no washing and the bathrooms are all clean. Floor is shocking though!
  • Nic880
    Nic880 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hello! Loved reading your posts! How do I subscribe to it??? New here and still not sure what I'm doing ��
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,052 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Scroll up to the top of the page and next to the red 'Post reply' button is one for subscribing. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Oh thank you Nic880 snd cherry fudge! I wouldn't have known lol! Lovely to see you!
    Am a little cross as just did a lovely post about how my debt payments are going and my excited fingers swiped the screen and lost it!'I should really post on my laptop, far easier!

Ok I will make a list for today as feeling lazy, and need to motivate myself to do something. Ahhh Roo has just been for a wee and left the door open, gosh no wonder my toilets are so stinky, seriously 70% of his wee DID NOT go in the toilet!!!! I mean seriously! I can't keep up with him! He's only 5, bless him, but I can't follow him in the toilet each time!!! May need to buy more bleach!!
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning missy :) Little jwil can be a bit splash happy too :eek:
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have some bread flour that needs using up ( my son needed it for school) can I use it in place of self raising?

I'm not a baker at all so am totally green about these things!
  • missymoo81
    edited 19 August 2017 at 12:16PM
    Options
    I've used it in place of plain, you'll need baking powder, cakes are slightly heavier but I haven't had any complaints. I am urrently in Tesco, couldn't face Aldi!! Am under budget but didn't buy everything, but v happy with my purchases. Will update later.

Ps thanks for the welshcakes recipe, are they like drop scones? Need to make those too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure