Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey am home. might have stopped for a coffee and gone back into tosco to pick up the things I missed!

This is what I got:
    Value cornflakes 40p
    romaine lettuce 23p
    nectarines 49p
    Rich teas 30p
    2 x wholemeal bread 80p
    1kg marg 1.35
    20 bananas 39p
    porridge oats 75p
    chick peas 50p
    hair mousse 1.00
    2 x 4 pt milk 2.00
    farfalle pasta 56p :mad:
    sugar 69p :mad:
    baked beans 24p

£9.70!

To be honest, it would have been a lot cheaper if I had gone to both supermarkets, but as I had small ones in tow it wasn't really worth the effort! Romaine wasn't on my list but was 23p and I thought it would be good in the burritos. and the bananas were reduced and came to a total of 39p! Bread worked out 10p more expensive and didn't actually want to buy such a big thing of marg but was so expensive otherwise per 100g. and feel a bit sick that I paid 50p for a can of chickpeas and 69p for sugar, but have to weigh it up as would have paid more for bananas. And ended up with farfalle pasta as Roo asked for it in particular as opposed to Penne (insert eye roll smiley here) Still came in under £10, can't believe I'm managing this! Was on tenter hooks at the checkout worrying about how much it would be as hadn't worked it all out!

Hangs head in shame, Whilst I was there, I may have picked May up some new wellies, and some tights for me, but that will come out of a different budget... not sure which yet... both were needed, but didn't need to spend £10 on them!!!! :mad::o And didn't need to go to costalot coffee either, but only paid £1.10 as had money on my card.... Shopping with the small ones is really hard!!!! got some great ideas for christmas too, they have some amazing books! Need to work money and debt payments out.
  • missymoo81
    edited 19 August 2017 at 5:14PM
    Options
    Realised yesterday that Barc card had stopped my 0% interest rate on my CC ages ago. I didn't realise before! How stupid of me. Although I have done something about it!! Which i never would have. when i realised it was a stupid APR I sent them a message and asked them what had happened, and I was late with a payment a while back and thats why they changed it. But without my even having to ask them, they said they would put the rate back to 0%! Which means that I don't need to switch to another card and I have saved myself £30 in fees which is also the credit on my MBNA card. Yaaay! Don't feel so bad about buying the wellies now! So tip to everyone, ask, see what they say! or don't in my case lol. I'm actually making jam!!!!!yaaay got off my fat lazy backside and did something! have stoned 2kg of plums so should make aa few jars of jam. Going to actually do some exercise tonight. Shout at me if I don't!!
  • Nic880
    Nic880 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thanks cherryfudge!
    Have you looked on cashback apps missy moo? Sometimes you can get free bread and milk or at least 20p off them!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Nic880 wrote: »
    Thanks cherryfudge!
    Have you looked on cashback apps missy moo? Sometimes you can get free bread and milk or at least 20p off them!

noooooo!!!!! which ones? How can I not know this!
  • missymoo81
    edited 19 August 2017 at 5:17PM
    Options
    I have just cut the bad bits out of the apples from the tree outside, we have 14 good ones to eat and I cut up around 7 or 8 and have stewed them up. Have made 5 ordinary sized jars of jam and 2 bigger kilner jars! happy with that. And HI's crunch biscuit things are currently in the oven. Children have requested porridge for dinner?! so I'm happy with that too! Going to have a little look in the fridge as I think there are still some things lurking that need using up!
  • Nic880
    Options
    There's a few...clicksnap which is linked to quidco, topcashback, Shopitize, and checkoutsmart. Think the last you have to have so much money before you cash out but there are pretty good to save a few pennies here and there!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Thanks! To be honest I only really spend I primark, Tesco, also eBay and Amazon. Do any of them work with those?
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    All looking good missy!

Well done on the shopping and on making the jam ;) x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Thanks sugar, always feel super lazy beside you and all the things you achieve!
    Will try and do some tidying tomorrow morning as at my sisters for lunch.
  • Nic880
    Options
    Check on quidco before you buy anything and that will tell you if you can get cashback, most of them are just mainly food items
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure