PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th August 2017

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Got off my harris and I've cut the lawn!!

Poohbear, why dont you tip the nearly empty shower gels into each other, and recycle the old bottles

Honey Bear wops, oh dear.............
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh HB is it wrong that I chuckled at that :o

Nice day out, not a late one as kiddies a bit tired still. Eventually cleaned kitchen after dinner. When we'd eaten DS said he wanted to watch a movie, DD said "we can do a jigsaw" I replied I wanted to sort the dinner mess, and she quite rightly said "you don't have to now" so we did the jigsaw together first :D

Since then she's put her own movie on so I did get things cleared away, put the furries to bed and brought the table and chairs in. They are dry after last nights deluge and I'm hoping they'll be gone in the next couple of days (fingers crossed).

Still haven't sorted the bathrooms - although it's only mine that needs it. Will take bleach and a cloth with me when I put littlies to bed...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you HB - that made me smile after what felt like a long day!

So today I have only managed to wash the towels, s&s the bathroom and kitchen, done the top of the ironing pile, created dinner from the contents of the fridge ( it seemed that as usual nobody else was going to when I got home, and I couldn't be bothered to throw my toys out of the pram!), and put the recycling out. The towels are hanging indoors, but at this rate they won't even be dry by the morning.

I need to meal plan for the week now. Bathrooms will have to be tackled tomorrow. If I do it tonight, they will be less than sparkly within the hour, and I do like to get at least a couple of hours to admire a clean and shiny bathroom!
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Back in again this week, after 3 weeks absence! :eek:

Last week I spent lurking and firefighting the cleaning while sorting out all the camping stuff from the previous two weeks. In previous years, we've just chucked a load of stuff into the car and gone, but that was pre children! Really sat down and thought about what we'd need this time, a lot more than I realised. We also had 2 separate holidays as we were away in the Lake District for the 1st week with a new tent, that we very quickly realised wasn't waterproof :(

Then back home for the night for a friends 40th birthday, though half wished I hadn't gone. There are 5 of us mummies in the NCT group, and I'm the only stay at home mum. One of the ladies, had a little too much to drink and it rather loosened her tongue. She unleashed a string of scathing questions as to why I hadn't returned to work, why I hadn't put my DD in nursery, how could I manage staying at home. It just went on and on, with her best friend out of the group chipping in with how it was the best thing she had ever done putting her DD in nursery, and I was silly not to be doing it. We're a 1 wage family and DD gets her 15 free hours in January. I used to be a teacher and I'm probably going to flexi-school my DD, but it just felt like a complete battering of my decisions.

Second week away was much better, in that we took our older tent and was considerably drier :T . So flying for the previous 2 weeks consisted of trying to keep things dry and sweeping out the tent every morning. We made yet another list of new things we need and things we need to replace while we were away. So last weeks firefighting was trying to get this list done at the same time as doing eleventy billion loads of laundry.

Had intended to do the bathroom as per listy, but given the state of the weather recently, took the opportunity to get outside and start putting the garden back to rights, and cleaning out all the used plant pots now that the seedlings that have survived have been planted out. Unfortunately we lost a lot of them to the wet weather and to the slugs and snails :mad:

Haven't kept up with the thread, but will try to read over if I get the chance.
    So hugs, sticks and spoons to any and all that need them.
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    S&S house over weekend so not looking too bad

Have been flying today but at DD1s house...went across for OH to put cot and blind up for DGD2s nursery makeover...she is getting too big for her crib...sorry to say DD1 is not a good housekeeper...I washed 3 loads of pots dried and put away...did babys bottles..swept kitchen floor..hand washed kitchen floor...cleaned all cat bowls ,mat and floor underneath..did a load of washing bought in what was dry and pegged load out.
    Put all DGD1s clothes away and cleared half her bedroom floor..threw away a bag of rubbish I had cleared and found a basket full of dirty clothes
    Also put all coats and shoes away in hallway ,tidied all floor in there too
    Did manage a snuggle with baby and fed and changed her:D

Got back and hoovered downstairs..sorted tea, brought in my 2 loads of washing dried and away,stripped and remade Ds2s bed and did most of bathroom...Im shattered now..need to do bathroom floor still...
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lists followed = 0
    Relatives shocked = 1

drove past Uncle's shop (perfect Flylady relative shop - independent seller of vacuums and washing machines) so parked and walked in. Not only was he not expecting me but I am the spit of my Grandmother (his mother) and she's been pushing up the daisies for about 30 years...

he lives in a coastal town with a really well-known Tower-shaped landmark;)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Dailies done
    S&Sd kitchen and bathroom
    Dusted all round - top to bottom
    Did Spanish lesson
    Paid cc and did the money shuffle
    Watered plants on balcony
    Sorted recycling and sent plastics and glass with DH to centre
    Bought a groupon to get my hair sorted before my holibobs
    Finally sorted DH's chair-robe in bedroom as, although I'd organised him some extra space for storage - and asked him at least three times to sort it himself, I was just fed-up seeing it

MAD today was finishing sorting out the side-dresser in the LR. I had already done the drawers so just the two cupboards to go. All taken out and cleaned. Put back tidily 'stuff' to keep and wrapped and boxed rest for cs. Result :D

Hugs, sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • katiecat
    katiecat Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all
    Up at 6 this morning but no idea why.
    Will make start on bedroom after breakfast - it really needs it as it's like an assault course every morning climbing over things. :eek: It really is an accident waiting to happen but wont be by the end of the day.
    Will take dog out as well at some point and have some 'ironing' to do.
    Hope all have nice day
    Hugs if needed
    katiecat x
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    No flying at all done yesterday (wiped out after spending day out with friend) so....

Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms

Level 1
    Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms - DONE
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Wipe switched and sockets

Level 2
    Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished - DONE

Level 3
    Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras
    S&S kitchen
    HHI
    Mad half hour - what are you doing?
    Eat a frog

Tuesday - YOU DAY - because you're worth it! Your BOUDOIR

Level 1
    Open the windows wide - DONE
    Strip the bed
    Take out any rubbish
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe
    Make the bed with fresh linen

Level 2
    Dust everywhere- including curtain tracks, light fittings. lamp shades, skirting
    With a just-damp cloth wipe where sticky fingers linger inc. light switches
    Vacuum/wipe bedhead/frame

Level 3
    Thorough vacuum/floor sweep - don't forget the edges!
    Move any furniture you can and vacuum under and behind
    Polish windows and mirrors

Extras
    Peg out some washing IF it isn't raining. If it is, iron!
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    MAD half hour - put an alarm on your phone and spend half-an-hour on a big project BUT ONLY FOR HALF AN HOUR. Post what you're working on as inspiration!

I suppose in that case I should get up off my b*m and start something! (currently sat in my 'jamas....)

Back later :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Duckydo well done on surviving the recent weather in a tent with a little one.
    I hate it when you have carefully considered your options and made a decision but 'friends' behave as though you haven't thought about it and they know best. They are very rude too. Lots of SAHMs here.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure