PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th August 2017

Options

Comments

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone. I'm still in bed reading but have poured bleach round the loo and seals on the bath and will get up at 8.30 and start!

Can I ask what is a frog? I keep seeing it used but can't find it in the list of abbreviations:)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Having an impromptu few days away in Wales, will be home Wednesday evening, working all day Thursday, so I guess I'll be in properly from Friday :p

Big hugs to you all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sunny.. a frog is one of those 5 minute jobs you put off forever..

I think I am dying today.. 5 hours sleep (well, in bed!), terrible stomach pains so I want to cry but that would hurt too.. and I feel really sick.. I ate 1 chicken drumstick yesterday.. I hate myself, I know this is what happens yet I still do it!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon pigpen xx

LW there is a link here to what it looks like:
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Laundry/Morrisons_Household_Soaps_2x150g.html
    But it's "greyed out" so might have been discontinued. I have a box of 2 you can have :D I don't tend to use it now - if I want to pre-treat stuff I take the lazy option and squirt it with 'elbow grease' which is amazing, especially for whitening up school tops - which I guess you will have no need of ;)

My ensuite is grimy, left the window open on a windy day and the sink is right in front of it - looks like someone tipped a bucket of dirty water down and didn't rinse, yuck.

We are probably having a day out too, but not till mid-morning. Although DS is still in bed!

Cuppa first, though!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

I'm in thank you for all the lists and work that goes into them.

So far
    Gather all washing up, stripped bed
    WM x 1 is on
    Whole house hoovered
    Bed remade
    Toilets bleached
    Bagless thingy emptied
    All bins emptied and cleaned out
    Chatter to Next door neighbour
    Made a food list
    Clean kitchen sides / fridge
    Kitchen floor sone

It is sort of drizzling here, so not too sure yet what to do the the wet washing to get it dry yet.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Options
    Drizzling here as well, and it wasn't forecasted so there was a bit of hasty getting-the-washing-in this morning.

Ground floor dysoned, now on to the stairs after a dog walk.
    Better is good enough.
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 7 August 2017 at 12:38PM
    Options
    Thank you for the thread Valli.

I woke up today with really bad tinnitus so can hardly hear anything. Not a bad thing, really :)

Feeling inspired to get stuck into bathrooms today. 3 to do so will work on level one for all three before going any further.
    Mr P has been really poorly with upset tummy so extra cleanliness is required. I have squirted anti bacterial spray on everything he might have touched.

I now use citric acid in the loos to get rid of limescale. Works a treat and is cheap too. We are on a septic tank.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :wave: Dorastar!

Thanks for the thread Valli.

I have less work on this week so hopefully more progress. I have been reading inspirational cleaning books again, honestly if I spent more time cleaning and less time reading then the house might actually get done.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have
    - walked the dog
    - emailed DS1 and various other people
    - done necessary church admin, which took ages (hopefully this is the last of the problems)
    - done the bathroom, levels 1-3
    - sent DH into town to buy new lightbulbs for the bathroom (and a few other bits) - I suspect he's chatting to his mates in the wargaming shop: it can't take this long to do what I sent him for!
    - folded up washing from the weekend
    - started WMx1
    - got another WM load ready
    - left Dy$0n upstairs, so it had better be bedrooms tomorrow, or I shall be flying off liste :D

Now I really must start some studying...
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    I have done the dust and vac through of the house, vacced the stairs, put the dry washing away, got one load in the wm, another one ready to go and done all 3 levels on the list. Having a sit down now while I wait for the wm to finish its first load.

I can highly recommend leaving thick bleach to soak in the bathroom it only took a quick scrub with a green sponge thingy and it was all shiny :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure