Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,468
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 November 2019 at 11:24PM
    WOW Kittikins such marvelous happy news :j :beer: :T :love:e:smileyhea

You deserve every happiness xx
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you lovelies, it's all so exciting! It's been 2 weeks today :) We've opened a joint savings account already :):)
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    We've got our joint savings account with a huge interest rate, found through this wonderful site of course! It was the only we could have in both our names, I think, and we really wanted that facility.

I've just found out I'm going up a pay grade, yippee! So, December's pay will be nice, as of course, it gets backdated to September :)

I think KW and I are nearly done on Christmas shopping. We need cash and 3 presents for his side; and just one for mine (my family is tiny, just one brother and his wife, he's got 2 siblings, each with children). Phew!

We've already bought the 3 of us our big presents - me, a 2-day stained glass making course; him, a Fire tablet; and Miss Kittikins, a new laptop and I took her to see a fab musical and got good seats rather than being up in the gods like we usually are!

We're going to do the same as we did last year, with salad lunch and pressies at my parents' and then back home to watch rubbish, eat cheese and grapes, watch films and play games :) Bliss!

We'll take some yummy food or booze with us to my parents and are going to take his parents out for a meal, as last year they did a mahoosive spread for the family, but really are getting too old and tired to do it again as it was a rather tight squeeze in their flat, so we're all taking them out separately for Christmas :)

I'm just going to pop out and do some food shopping now and hopefully get one or two of the small presents. I don't like being in huge crowds of people, so am keen to get things earlier rather than later.
  • Well done on the new bank account Kittikins and excellent news about the pay rise !

Your Christmas plans sound fabulous. Lovely time, lovely food, a few lovely gifts and a lovely family around you :xmassmile
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    Christmas has started in the KW-Kittikins household :) KW and I went out whilst Miss Kitty was having her lie-in and bought our tree this lunchtime from a lovely nursery, then the 3 of us pottered into town for its Christmas shopping day. It had such a lovely atmosphere, the market place was closed to traffic, most of the independent shops were open and we had a lovely mooch (and spend).

My mum had mentioned how she really wanted to try wine from the local vineyard, and lo and behold, they had a stall! I saw so many lovely things I wanted to buy Miss Kitty and KW, but have had to hold myself back as I've already bought so much :)

Then, we came back and decorated the tree. It looks lovely, and the cats seemed to calm down about about an hour of nibbling tinsel, pulling baubles off and generally being crazy!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    Forumite
    It all sounds so lovely. I am very pleased you are having a lovely start to the Christmas season a time for joy. Hurrah for payrise and for lovely families.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    KW and I are 'saving' so much money at the moment with this saving for wedding malarkey. We're deliberately making more of an effort to take lunch, a drink and snacks to work and our food bill should hopefully go down too, as our Brexit cupboard is rather plump!

I'm still brassic though, as I've got an exciting trip to London on Saturday with Miss Kitti, have got our monthly massage therapy session (she and I go consecutively on a Saturday morning, then come home and at least one of us needs to 'die' for the rest of the day :) ) and I seem to be always catching up with myself from previous months!

I've probably saved £20-£30 just in sweet shop rubbish alone since we got engaged a whole month ago tomorrow!! *Swoon*
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    Forumite
    I love the idea of the Brexit cupboard!!!! :rotfl::rotfl: About the only good thing to come out of Brexit as far as I am concerned. Great news to hear about you saving and this trip to London and the massages. You need a treat to get you through these dark nights. lol.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Great savings KK :T

Enjoy your trip to London on Saturday and your massage. I am having one monthly too it's really helping with my neck & shoulder pain.

Living off savings diary
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    We've also started a shopping list of needs and wants, e.g. we finished the bag of frozen spinach last night when I made dinner, but it's not a need, like petits pois, we can live without it.

We want to use the bounty in the cupboards more, rather than running out of something we have every week and instantly replacing it. So, we've had a scrumptious tagine like dinner, a yummy dhal with an aforementioned spinach, tomato and ginger made-it-up-as-I-went-along side dish as well as our staples of pasta pesto and baked potato :)

So excited for our trip to London, we're leaving in about half an hour, although I've not heard any movement in Miss Kitti's room yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure