Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Day 1 of school - and inset was just as "useful" as predicted....but, on the positive side, I got loads of work done!! I work SO much better under time constraints, I really should just book holidays for the whole of half term and get the school work done on the night before term starts at this rate.

It was also (a) a gorgeously sunny day, (b) a forgotten can of diet Coke revealed itself in the pit of my car, (c) DD got a good exam result back and (d) I had a no spend day :)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    Forumite
    Hurrah for new sofas, good exam result for DD, Diet Coke found in car.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    Phew! What a week! We had a writing week at school, it was fun, hectic and I can see lots of great progress in the children's ideas and grammar (my biggest delight!) :)

KW has accepted another job which he hasn't applied for, has just been offered it! He's going to give up one of his jobs to take this one, and it'll mean he gets Fridays off every week (which is great as he often has to work all weekend as well as all week in the other jobs).

He's got the whole weekend off now as well, yippee! So we're thinking of waking DD up and having an early birthday for her - going to the cinema and out for pizza - there's a Marvel film on that I can go with with her, or we could see Mary Poppins again, and KW is desperate to see the Lego Movie!!!

It's her actual birthday next week but he's working during the day, so this could be pretty fun.

In other news, after a shaky start with infection and staples not doing their job, our gorgeous kitty seems to be healing nicely now. His brother is doing a really good job of looking after him, grooming him lots and playing with him as they're both going a bit stir crazy from being indoors whilst kitty has his cone of shame on.

And......our lovely sofas are being delivered on the 26th! We can't wait, it's going to be lovely to be able to invite friends and KW's parents to stay over with us and the crazy kitties. We've already, between us, paid for one of them, and the other one will get paid off over the next 2 months of belt-tightening.
  • Its lovely to hear you are enjoying your new school & new class. Glad to hear kitty is healing nicely... poor puddy cat :p
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    Poor kitten! glad she is being treated and I bet you are really spoiling her! New sofa is going to change the whole house and it's something marvellous to look forward to. Well done on KWs new job and time saved and for extra day off in the week.

Enjoy DD early birthday today! Sounds fab. It's all come together at last. Hurrah. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    We had such a lovely pre-birthday, DD was so happy (as were we!). We started with our traditional birthday breakfast of pain au chocolat and apple juice, then scooted off to the big town to the cinema :)

KW was a big boy and saw the Lego Movie on his own and we really enjoyed Captain Marvel, a superhero film with a fab strong female character and no love interest required, yay!)

Afterwards, we helped her spend her pocket money in HMV and had a late lunch at a vegan burger bar and had such a lovely meal, much better than the veggie options at the traditional type of places (which we don't normal venture near).

When we got home, I cooked her favourite dinner and watched her fabulous new DVD.

She said it was the best pre-birthday EVER!
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    You have to adopt me. I want a birthday too. I'm sitting here looking at my marking making excuses thinking of cake, cinema and parties.

"Marking....piles of marking...." (she sobs)…….:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Thank you for this post, I found it to be very encouraging. I certainly enjoyed every single minute reading this.
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    Hmmm, thank you Amelia!!

Well, DD's birthday is now a distant, but happy, memory. Mother's Day was lovely - DD and I had a kind of pre-mother's day in that we went for a light lunch at our town's one and only riverside pub and got beaten back from the riverside by the stench of the cigarette smoke, so retired to a different table! We still had a lovely time though :)

Today is a big day for us - her first hospital appointment at rheumatology where hopefully we will start to find out what the fudge is going on with her! It's been a long 6 months waiting for this....

Money-wise, things are OK. We are still paying ourselves back for our amazing sofas, but are so happy we bought them. A loft ladder, TV and painting are next - but I'm happy for KW to push for the TV first :)

It's the last week of term and everything is hectic and fun - I wouldn't swap teaching for all the tea in China! (Well, I would because I'd be a darned sight better off, but you know what I mean ;) )
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    Hurrah for the Mother's Day celebrations:j. I hope the medical appointment went well for your daughter. Let's hope they have a nice children's dept and can help her. It's so nice you are buying new things for the house. Enjoy it. I bought my things 11 years ago and they still cheer me up!:beer::beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport