Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The consultant was really lovely and checked DD over thoroughly. She is being referred on to the chronic pain team as thankfully she hasn't got any of the nasty things like RA or fibro. Such a relief!

Hopefully she'll soon be able to cope better with pain and will also be off the painkillers, heat packs, having to rest after not much exertion etc, etc.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    Forumite
    Glad it's not RA one of my friends has it and it is awful. I hope they can make her life easier and less painful. :j

One day till the hols.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    The appointment has come through already! At the end of the month, and hopefully my Head will be amenable to me being out that whole morning (and me then covering as and where needed to pay back time :) )

HOORAY! It's the end of term, prosecco time tonight!!
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    Darn it, I can't take DD to her appointment as it clashes with my class visit to set up my half term :( Will have to reschedule to next month, which actually might be better as I'll end up taking the whole day out of school!

Yay, hooray for end of term - the kids were hyper but fun and we said goodbye to really cool chap who is moving to a new school after Easter :( I'm going to have a XX shaped hole in my heart for a while, he was one of my secret favourites....

And yay for end of term prosecco, Cointreau and strawberries, my favourite cocktail :) It's a tradition of mine, shall we say, hic!!

Tomorrow, I will no doubt forget all the things I wanted to get done, but at least I have 2 weeks to get them done ;)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,467
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Enjoy your 2 weeks off Kittikins. Am so pleased that your DD has finally getting some help and that its not fibro or RA or fobbed off as "growing pains".
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    We opened our sealed pot last night, in eager anticipation of our holiday next week - we had just under £90 in there! Not bad for saving since we moved in last year :)

So far I've done nothing work-wise, but have had a mani-pedi, an evening over at a friend's, and recovered from a hangover!

The 3 of us had a lovely evening yesterday playing cards and games; DD and I used to do this all the time and we're going to take stuff with us on holiday. KW fancies playing Monopoly tonight, the real one, not my favourite card version, might need to get the popcorn ready for snacking purposes!

I'm trying to do some work now as I need to go into school to feed the fish soon and it would be good to have something to print out or have ready for the new term ;)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    Forumite
    Well done on working so early and on the £90 in your savings pot. I hope you have plenty more nice days. Hurrah for the holiday.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    Well, I've had a lovely first week of holidays, yesterday KW enjoyed his first Friday non-working day, as his new jobs timetable (he now works for 2 rather than 3 companies), means he has Fridays off :)

We took DD to a friend's house, for a birthday shopping trip with some other chums (as usual, she spent not a bean, having not inherited my teenage shopping gene!) and we zoomed off to a couple of lovely garden centres and a super farm shop, to spent KW's £90 vouchers!

Which we did - and more....but we have lots of lovely plants and more soil to fill up the last of the raised beds in the back garden :)

I'm feeling reasonably on top of work I need to do, although I'm sure the panic will set in nearer the time of returning to the coal face!) We have to plan for 2 terms in advance, which is a pain in the bum now, but I try to not just have a medium term plan, but to have the lessons fully planned, including resources printed and trimmed, so I'm all ready to go. Some subjects take longer than others....I'm wading through the Stone Age at the moment, and learning a lot, as it's all new to me!
  • Sounds like a great way to spend the first week of the school holidays Kitti :D How long do you think you'll now be spending filling up the garden with all the plants? I'm never any good at actually pre-planning what I'm going to do in a garden so buy what I think looks pretty, put it all in rather haphazardly and then get disappointed when it doesn't thrive.... :D

I used to be fascinated by the idea of the Stone Age when I was a kid - I rather romantised the idea of living in a cave with roaring fires and running wild and free all day! Mostly, I think, the idea of no school was the main appeal (sorry, I probably shouldn't say that to a teacher!!)
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • DS used to love board games and especially monopoly before he discovered Xbox / play station gaming. I do miss it. I still used to play cards with my mum when she came to stay or I went to visit her and dad. Well done on £90 in your sealed pot that's fab:T
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure