IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye county court letter HELP

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    it may not go to court , but the court track is likely to be initiated , there is a lot of ground to cover before an actual court appearance and an appearance may not happen (although it did to BARRY BEAVIS , so look that up too)

many cases dont actually get as far as court, so dont assume yours will

what you should have done is come here and appeal it when the first NTK arrived in the post , then with our help you should have appealed to popla

you also should have got the landholder to cancel the charge

a lot of "what you should have done" to think about , especially if you get any more pcn`s (doubtless you will as they infest supermarkets , hospitals , retail parks etc)

you can register acknowledgement and then try to settle out of court if you wish , in order to avoid the court process , as one reply told you

use a LAPTOP to navigate around this site , not a phone or tablet
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    yep hindsight is wonderful. I tried to find out who the landlord was but had no luck.
    thankyou-im onto it now with the laptop:0 :)
  • Redx
    Options
    it was probably a MA (Managing Agent) that you needed to contact , who works on behalf of all the residents or H.A. or similar

in future, dont believe any patient that says you can just park up on private land , we see loads of residents cases on here

most of the answers you seek are in post #2 of that NEBIES thread, usually linked from it using hyperlinks

plus trying to settle out of court has also been discussed on here previously (there are no new topics , just rehashed old topics) , coupon-mad has explained this to others in a similar position to yourself, possibly others too

she usually gives their email so you can make a low offer by email
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    Options
    You've got another ParkingEye PCN? Is that your second in the space of a few months?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5563779

You received advice from a number of regulars on that charge, but you've never updated on outcome. Has there been any?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    the other one mentioned above was in july 2015. i did as advised and wrote to them stating i wouldnt be paying. they then send out another demand but i havent heard anything since.
    this time i didnt want to ignore so i appealed using advice from threads on here. i foolishly then ignored it when i wasnt successful.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sorry for asking for more help:( ive just returned from holiday and intend to acknowledge the letter today. I then will spend a day this week reading all the advice given on these forums to prep myself for any possibly court hearing.
    my questions to you at the moment is regarding the online form i need to complete.
    i click on Acknowledgment of Service - Intention. i then click on i wish to defend all of this claim.the question then is "do you intend to Contest Jurisdiction?" ive no idea what this means and by looking on the internet can see that it will again involve research. any opinions?
  • Redx
    Options
    just READ and FOLLOW the BARGEPOLE advice in post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

I told you this in my first and second replies
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    AOS is fully covered with a link to an idiots guide, in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.

Please read the resources already here, that's the research (already done for you).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    thanks i eventually found it....i truly need the idiots guide;). i have submitted it so can breathe a sigh a relief for now. I will read up the next steps asap and ensure i find out what will happen next.
    thankyou all for you help and expertise- much appreciated:)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    in the process of writing my appeal. would anyone be willing to give their opinion on it once its done?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure