Starting over 2017

Options

Comments

• Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Need to get on with life but still lingering under this cold, its on its way out but has taken all the oomph out of my sails in the meantime. Need to update all the totals and shuffle some more money over to the debts. Have signed up to the Organise October thread to get my backside into gear - and staying off social media is my Stoptober challenge as I could waste whole days!
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Feel better soon so you can get back on with your goals. I had a quick look at the Organise October but didn't completely get what I would have to do, it looked like there was a lot to it and I just don't have much time at the moment for anything.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Think it will just help me do stuff, as I've been far too lazy. Am only picking some parts of it as I'm not in work at the moment so really I have no excuses!
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    I have only picked parts of Organise October as I am hoping it will help me develop some healthy habits like sticking to a budget (and diet) and to stop spending willy nilly :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Ooh forgot to mention a PPI claim has come back and equals a months mortgage payment so as soon as it's in I'm going to send it across. Not bad for 10 mins work on the laptop - knew I'd had a good day yesterday!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    That's good on the PPI result.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Still feeling lousy but a good day moneywise. Cancelled a direct debit with union as I'm not working so that's £30 a month saved. Rang last week to organise it and heard nothing back, cancelled direct debit today & they phoned within minutes!!! Sold a book that I won in a raffle so £16 up from that & £2 on a very old & washed scratch card. Paid hubby's car insurance in one go so that's another direct debit out of the way and started looking at house insurance, already seen I can cut it in half & probably pay it one go from hubby's overtime. Not a bad Tuesday.
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Still plodding onwards, haven't spent much so a frugal week but haven't made much either. No joy on the job front but since I've barely moved from my bed or the sofa that's not much of a surprise. Starting again on Monday with a fresh start.
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Paid off the credit card with some of the redundancy money today and listed a pile more books to sell. Reckon we've got enough food in already to make it a food shop free week. Cancelled a visit to a show that I wasn't fussed about so £14.99 back from that and the teen has paid me back for a pile of clothes she ordered so that money has been stashed away too as it feels like a bonus. Still waiting for my PT job to start which is annoying so focusing on the house and free stuff this week. Got to sort house insurance so going to try for a cheaper deal through a cashback site. Feeling better about life but desperate just to get on with stuff as I hate sitting and faffing around.
  • Dorastar
    Options
    £14.73 on food today and not planning on spending much more. Got lots of stuff in that needs eating up and going to bake some biccies & flapjack for extra snacks for the starving masses! Should be a no-spend day tomorrow as nothing exciting's happening at all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure