Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• daedal
    daedal Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I save the love to shop vouchers up, often use them in Wilkinsons when they have a sale on, get loads of things, I've never had a problem with any shop accepting them. I'm definitely not embarrassed by using them.

With regards to the level of work, I think it really depends, I've been doing it for years, some weeks I might get two items to post, other weeks none. So it's not that much for me. I think it really does depend on your area of the amount of work it involves.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have about £200 worth of stamps and 5 presentation packs. Its nice to know the stamps will increase in value every time there is a price increase.
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be fair - the training period is in no way indicative of the amount of work involved once on the panel proper and there are certainly no parcels to post at this stage. As we all know, the number of weekly items to post can be anywhere between 2-8 and some people get far more items to send and receive than others. I'm getting a bit fed up of it myself, not sure its worth the amount of work involved anymore - I'm going to think carefully at the end of this stint whether I will bother next time they invite me.
    2020 Wins:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I think it will be a no from me next time.
    I live in a fairly small rural villiage & I am very sure it costs me more in a month than I get back in stamps.
    I think it depends in part on where you live.
    Also the cube thing can now get very awkward.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Money_maker
    Options
    I'm really pleased to be back on the panel after my short time away. I use my stamps for ebay sales and save a fortune. I also use the presentation packs as everyday stamps as a) have had a pack go missing on an ebay sale and RM doesn't cover them b) cant believe people sell them for below face value on ebay - why when they can be used as ordinary stamps?
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cant believe people sell them for below face value on ebay - why when they can be used as ordinary stamps?

I have sold stamps below face value. I sold off what I deem to be surplus (as have way more than I can use even in a large number of years) Since I got them for free, any money I get for them is a 'bonus'. The buyers are also getting a bargain, so it's a win/win IMO
  • tomvox
    tomvox Posts: 188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A good day for me panel-wise today. Woke up to an invitation to a correctly addressed survey (which was still available when I logged on). This was followed by an email this evening inviting me back on to the panel a bit ahead of schedule.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    BookWorm wrote: »
    I have sold stamps below face value. I sold off what I deem to be surplus (as have way more than I can use even in a large number of years) Since I got them for free, any money I get for them is a 'bonus'. The buyers are also getting a bargain, so it's a win/win IMO
    I sell my Large 1sts on eBay for exactly that reasoning. I use the plain 1sts for competition entries and the PP stamps for normal postage.
    Saetana wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit fed up of it myself, not sure its worth the amount of work involved anymore - I'm going to think carefully at the end of this stint whether I will bother next time they invite me.
    beanielou wrote: »
    I think it will be a no from me next time.
    I've rethought it a couple of times - mostly I can drop stuff off when commuting, but cubes are becoming increasingly awkward. I used to be able to find POs that opened at 8am and closed at 6pm but they are rarer. Sod's Law means that on the days I work from home, I rarely have a cube in or out but as soon as I head in to the Office...
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also use my presentation pack stamps for postage - they aren't worth anything more than face value for quite a long time so may as well get some use out of them. I also gift close family a pack of 1st class stamps in their Christmas cards every December - always appreciated at that time of the year :)
    2020 Wins:
  • Zeusiblue
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »
    I,ve had two batch of advertising leaflets delivered by Royal Mail in recent weeks yet no photos of them have appeared on the Unaddressed Mail section. When I try to tick Other items nothing happens so I sure what I do about them. Anybody else had this issue ?

Noticed this too. However, realised the survey started the following Monday. They sometimes post the UM survey a week earlier on your left hand side list, but unable to enter any data until its actually active (the following week)....if you get what I mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure