Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• Lavandergirl
    Lavandergirl Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Great if you are a night owl now to get on to the Correctly Delivered or Unaddressed Surveys, otherwise no chance.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Saetana wrote: »
    Yes they have got very slow in sending out the £5 vouchers for the Unaddressed Mail and Correctly Delivered surveys - I had to chase my last one but it wasn't missing, they just hadn't sent them out yet. They never used to be so slow with them when we had the old website :(

I phoned them about my unaddressed voucher and said it can take up to 4 weeks.
  • HomingPigeon
    HomingPigeon Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2018 at 9:55AM
    Options
    I've copied and pasted the following from the website:

Q: Do I need to hand all my Post Office items over the counter?

A: No. The only items which you need to hand over at a Post Office counter are cubes and medium parcels, because of their size. All other items should be posted in the post box outside. This counts as a Post Office posting.

Remember: you will need to register this post box on your account separately from the Post Office itself, using the postbox number displayed on its faceplate. When you register a Post Office, it's specifically for those larger items handed over the counter.

Please could someone explain this to me? I understand the first paragraph (re posting at a postbox outside the PO for items that will fit through the slot) but I am confused by the second paragraph.

Thanks for any replies.
  • HomingPigeon
    Options
    Sorry about the strange characters that have appeared in the message above, I did a straightfoward copy and paste, so it is a mystery how it has happened. :0(
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've copied and pasted the following from the website:

Q: Do I need to hand all my Post Office items over the counter?

A: No. The only items which you need to hand over at a Post Office counter are cubes and medium parcels, because of their size. All other items should be posted in the post box outside. This counts as a Post Office posting.

Remember: you will need to register this post box on your account separately from the Post Office itself, using the postbox number displayed on its faceplate. When you register a Post Office, it!!!8217;s specifically for those larger items handed over the counter.

Please could someone explain this to me? I understand the first paragraph (re posting at a postbox outside the PO for items that will fit through the slot) but I am confused by the second paragraph.

Thanks for any replies.

Which part? You register the postbox you use so they know where you posted it. It will have a reference no. on the front faceplate.
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 June 2018 at 10:34AM
    Options
    Some post offices (ours included) have a separate post box outside the P.O. This will have a number, as do all post boxes. When registering you need to state the post box number on each post box you are likely to post an item in.

This will register on your account, and you tick the correct box when entering items you have posted.

If you look on 'poster location' shown at left hand side of website, this shows the postboxes you have registered.
  • HomingPigeon
    Options
    Thanks custardy. It's the bit about registering the post box on my account separately from the Post Office itself.

Sorry, I'm not explaining myself well. Hopefully it will become clear once I've got into the swing of things.
  • HomingPigeon
    Options
    Thank you libra10.
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    "Remember: you will need to register this post box on your account separately from the Post Office itself, using the postbox number displayed on its faceplate. When you register a Post Office, it's specifically for those larger items handed over the counter."

When you receive lists of future postings from TNS, you are asked to either post at the post office or a mailbox. This would be any mailbox within your locality.

When asked to post a letter at the post office, use the mailbox outside the P.O. You don't need to go inside.

It's only when you need to post a cube or parcel that you need to go inside and hand it in. Anything which will fit in a letter box is placed in a mailbox.

Good luck
  • HomingPigeon
    Options
    Thanks very much libra10.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income