<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like you had a busy few days. I've done a fair amount of tidying and cleaning in the kitchen and now actually enjoy doing something in there. Fork biscuits tomorrow, I think, and maybe the ginger. :)

After sorting the cupboards I've noted that I won't need to buy any black peppercorns for quite some time and we have a lot of herbs and spices. Then I went to the company shop, where herbs and spices were reduced to 10p, so I exercised restraint and only bought 9. Fork biscuits might end up cumin flavoured. I bought some from an Indian supermarket once and loved them.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Yum. Jacket potatoes and sausages.
    When I finally get an oven jacket potatoes are one of the first things going in :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Boo to the replastering but at least DH can do it Redo!

Hope DS enjoys having his friend over today xx
    Mummytogirls x

• redofromstart
    Options
    MrsC - I like the 10p bargain spices, I would have stocked up too.
    DIA I love crispy jacket potatoes, has to be a good variety though, not nasty tasteless estima. Used to like the vivaldi ones in MrS but not seen those for a while.
    Seaside/INOD, really good low fat sausages are a rare pleasure
    mummytogirls thanks, DS and his friend appeared to have a good time in that I hardly heard a peep out of them. He is not known for his social skills so really pleased I could facilitate it. The school is fed from quite a wide area and he has no local friends sadly.

Made the boys pizza for lunch which used up some elderly mozarella from the freezer.

Odd day otherwise and I ended up eating [STRIKE]some many[/STRIKE] lots of biscuits which wasn't very sensible given my IBS problems.

Dinner was sweet potato wedges, corn on the cob and fried chicken. I did have some (before Greenbee nudges) so now I feel disgustingly full.

For someone who doesn't often eat much I do talk about food a lot :o Sorry, I don't mean to make people hungry.

Two weeks left on this project, and then no income for me :eek: At the moment I wish I could wave a wand and move forward those two weeks though, the pressure really peaks as the project goes live.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been eating biscuits too. And feel slightly sick.

Must pack and work out what time I have to get up tomorrow. Stupidly early probably.

ETA 6.30am with hair done, make up on, bins out and brain engaged. Better get packed and into bed!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Greenbee, 6.30 - ouch! I'm on my travel day and with no school run to do I could go early and clear some of the really urgent work that didn't get done today.
  • greenbee
    Options
    Early start sounds like a good idea for you too. Do you want a 5am alarm call?!
  • greenbee
    Options
    Hope work went OK. My insomnia has got beyond a joke so was up bright and early at 3.30am yesterday and at work well before start time. Full-on day yesterday but my early(ish) night resulted in a 1.30am wake-up, and with no book I spent several hours getting bored before it was light enough to go for a run. Airport hotels aren't ideally situated for interesting running either... but hopefully I'm all set up to stay awake through today's meetings now...
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope yesterday went well and wasn't too stressful. Did you manage the early start?

We went to Sheffield and found school shoes for DS2, but no coat yet. Meadowhell tonight, I think. I also saw a something in the sales in Debenhams that would work for the family event in May - could just do with a size smaller, so I'll have another look tonight.

More cleaning (kitchen, bathroom) and admin today, but I'm struggling to get going. Maybe breakfast will help...
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Greenbee, you know better than to go anywhere without a book. I've got a library app on he ipdad that lets me read books and magazines which is good.
    MrsC good luck with meadow hell, haven't been for years but used to look after a call centre close to it so used to have the odd mooch around.

I went early yesterday , but walked straight into chaos and noise so not very productive. Very tired today, and had to work this morning to try and catch up a little.

Excitement of the morning was the microwave catching fire. Not Fat, Fluffy cat is quite indignant about it being outside as she likes to sleep on it in the sunshine. She doesn't like outside. Need to find a replacement microwave that doesn't have air vents on the top.

OH had booked the day off so we all went for a walk and had lunch out which was enjoyed by all. We haven't eaten out for a while so a genuine treat and at least I don't have to cook tonight. Walking in the sunshine is lovely no matter how tired I am.

Next bit of hideous dentists bill tomorrow, at least we have the cash ready.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback