<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi redo, I've just found your diary so have been reading along & enjoying the recipes. We really need to start using the things we have in the freezer & cupboards rather than re-stocking every week & it never goes down. :o

What is it about cats sleeping on top of microwaves? :rotfl: Our microwave is in a corner at an angle with cupboards above it & my Siamese likes to squish his way in between to sit on top of the microwave. There isn't actually room for him there but it's one of his favourite places to sit. :cool: Our big British cat actually squashes himself in behind it & peeks out over the top if there's a man in the house that he doesn't know. He's got a weird thing about not liking strange men & runs and hides from them until they've visited a few times & he recognises them. :rotfl:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm trying to travel lighter (and was being disorganised). I probably need to get myself a new ipad that will work with the library app. But first I need to return the noise cancelling headphones as I've worked out that they are discounted everywhere else as a new model has been released. PITA as it means going near a shop again, but I could do with returning them asap so I can get new ones sorted before my next trip - in-ear ones will take up a lot less space than the over-ear and on-ear ones I currently have.

I'm looking forward to being paid my new salary this month. I seem to have adapted quite well to spending it!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    :hello: hello sashybo the microwave was a favoured spot for them all here too, I think they operate a timeshare system for it.
    greenbee it works ok on my old ipad

Checked and had cashback on both of the places I use so that was a result. £10Am voucher ordered from SB too but finding that really slow going at the moment.

Using lotions and potions up is going well. Actually finished a tube and started a new one!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It was a lovely sunny day indeed today - a taste of Spring :)

I'm also trying to use up lotions and potions.

Have a fab weekend redo :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hmm, neither of my mogs favour the microwave as far as I know, but they get yelled at for going on counters and kitchen table so may just not do it when I can see! Little mog has a thing about hiding in the very back of the utility room behind the washing machine, wriggling in the back past the pipes - I honestly thought she'd escaped when I moved in as couldn't find her anywhere.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    It was a lovely sunny day indeed today - a taste of Spring :)
    Sun in my eyes on the train :)
    Nice :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Ours shouldn't be on the worktops and we train them not to as kittens, but my late elderly mog had feline dementia and once he started ignoring the rules everyone else joined in. I still remove them but they think it is a game now which is infuriating. The microwave is on a deep window ledge in the sunshine rather than on a worktop so was an inevitable magnet. All of the front (SE facing) window ledges are preferred sleeping spots in their exhausting schedules.

The (bullied by the nasty tom) fluffy one is still out so I can't go up for my bath. Not risking him getting beaten up again overnight. I bet he is actually asleep in some cunning hidden place in the house but I will just worry all night if I don't track him down.

Thanks SA
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    but my late elderly mog had feline dementia and once he started ignoring the rules everyone else joined in.

The (bullied by the nasty tom) fluffy one is still out so I can't go up for my bath. Not risking him getting beaten up again overnight. I bet he is actually asleep in some cunning hidden place in the house but I will just worry all night if I don't track him down.
    I love your cat stories :rotfl:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 February 2018 at 11:54PM
    Options
    Hope fluffy turned up so you could go for your bath. My two don't sleep on the microwave - then again, it's only been free of clutter for a few days. When they came to us four years ago they had clearly been used to going absolutely anywhere and I've not managed to keep them of worktops.

Lovely day today, but I stayed in to catch up with laundry, which then didn't dry all that well because there was no breeze. Anyway, it was a nice relaxed day. Felt like the last day of the holidays because the weekend will be busy.

ETA I bought a big piece of ginger on the market in Sheffield yesterday (£3.50/kg - not sure whether that's a good price). Also wondering whether fork biscuits would work with some mashed banana and choc chips.

ETA again - 2 batches of biscuits made. First with white sugar and a tsp cumin seeds - the taste is great and it's a much better biscuit than the ones I'd bought from the Asian supermarket (OH not keen on the taste). Second with choc chips, brown sugar and 1/2 small banana swapped for 1oz fat. They're still in.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    MrsC I really like the sound of the cumin ones, and we have cumin seed so one to try. Did you toast the seeds? How did the banana/choc ones work out?

OH has asked me to make something for his team this week, and both boys are cooking at school. Its also the final week run down to go live so I will be stress peaking towards the end of the week. I should go and buy some nice fruit so that there is something 'safe' for me to snack on but the reality is this week will be powered by biscuits and espressos. The week after my body will be a temple, one with the roof falling in and rats gnawing on the abandoned furniture obviously, but still, a temple.

Fluffster did not appear until this morning, no obvious signs of fighting and he actually ate some breakfast so perhaps he is finally perking up. He is snoring audibly in a box behind me now.

I should have dragged my weary self to the stupidmarket first thing but I am just too tired. Will have to go to co-op shortly, and am seriously thinking of having a home delivery on Monday rather than put more time pressure on myself.

If it warms up a bit I am going to have a play in the poly tunnel and get some seeds started off. Tomatoes as a minimum, but it wont hurt to start some radishes off at the warmer end. Need to find a way to stop little cat from opening the zip to get in, or fit a cat flap as she just sleeps on the potting table so the issue is letting the cold in rather than plant damage.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback