<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have to go into the office early tomorrow. I MUST NOT OVERSLEEP.

Particularly as I still haven't decided what to wear, and will have to do hair and makeup too. And get fuel. I need to improve my planning...
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Poor old cat, can't be very nice getting beaten up :(
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Hope you managed to get sorted Greenbee. I'm finding getting ready a lot easier now all my work stuff is visible but that's probably because I have multiples of fairly similar things so its just about colour of the day.

HHOD, he is a lovely cat and not in the least aggressive - he left all of that to his brothers who are no longer about. Think he might have to go back to the vets again as he doesn't seem to be picking up.

Lots of wfh work to do today but luckily feeling a lot brighter, glad I cancelled the travel today though or I'd be back to being a zombie by tonight just from the three hours of driving.

Its very cold, might have to crack and bring the fan heater down. Still cheaper than running the central heating, and the little oil radiator isn't having much of an impact. It would help if the cats would stop using the window next to my desk as an exit and entry point.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Had a 'here we go'moment earlier when an email arrived from our energy supplier. You payment has been reviewed...

Clicked into email and it has dropped by a whole 25p per month. Panic over. There is also a £59 refund on its way as our gas usage is lower than usual. That'll be since the smart meter has been in and I've realised quite how much just pressing 'boost' costs and that its better to run my little oil heater next to my desk.

EH mentioned a 'heartier' butchers pack on her diary which reminded me that I finally tried the butchers factory shop near the diy shop last week. The mince was very low fat, and made an excellent lasagne so I will now go back for more. If I put a decent order in they might let me have some beef bones so I can make some decent soup. I like the fact that they sell chicken carcasses at 40p per kilo for stock which is better than the them being wasted. MrM sometimes have beef bones but they wanted some ridiculous price for them and I am far too mean.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Redo , thank you for the get well wishes you have left me.

Insomnia is something I have had for years , the coughing has kept we awake for nights recently. I do catch up eventually but always wake up every 2 hours , I guess I am used to it.

I try to buy my meat from the butcher as it always looks better than the supermarket.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I used to buy organic chicken carcasses and chicken wings for pence and make great soup. They are now stupid prices so I rarely bother :(
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    BT responded to my complaint within 24 hours, and have apologised and refunded the charges, even though the situation was not of their making :j

Why can't Vodafone be the same? They caused the problems but cant even be bothered to respond to my complaint. And breathe..

cumbria The good reasonable butcher locally shut a few years ago so now I drive an hours round trip down the motorway to the bulk buy place. After some really bad supermarket bits bought for convenience recently I am on a self imposed ban so I need to find a better option locally. The new ones are wholesale butchers who have opened a factory shop.

DIA The beef bones in MrM are nearly as much per kilo as the stewing beef and their beef is generally poor anyway on recent experience. The lamb bones are cheaper but I am not a fan of lamb stock. Can't make good stock with poor materials, no matter how often the OS board try to tell me otherwise.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    DIA The beef bones in MrM are nearly as much per kilo as the stewing beef and their beef is generally poor anyway on recent experience. The lamb bones are cheaper but I am not a fan of lamb stock. Can't make good stock with poor materials, no matter how often the OS board try to tell me otherwise.
    I totally agree with you on poor materials. Rubbish in? Rubbish out
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What's the name of the wholesale butcher, please? We have one locally called Underwood and they also do excellent mince, although it's not as cheap as the discount supermarkets. Not sure about the rest, although the trays of chicken breast are good value.
    One day I will clear the top of the cellar steps and find space for a small chest freezer!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    This is the one at Loughborough - the price list isn't on line, I went in and picked it up. 1kg of 5% fat good mince was £5.24/ 5kg chicken breasts £24

This is the price list for the one south of me. Their topside is excellent but I went originally for sausage making stuff. I did buy half a lamb years ago but was never rich enough for quarter of a cow much as the idea fascinated me.

The rotherham underwoods would be possible for me if I combined it with a visit to the shopping emporium. I shall jot it down for future reference.

I'd really like to find a good local butchers again but its expensive and frustrating trying new ones.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback