<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wonky spuds and apples from Mr M, but I managed to forget the condensed milk. Looks like I'll have to call again soon.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Happy Birthday Mrs Chaos! Its MrT that have the on offer condensed milk and caramel.

Made a test run of Florentine yesterday using a delia recipe, far too wet they all ran into one. Had to slice them while still warm after which they were edible but inelegant. Back to the tried and tested Nigella option.

My fluffy idiot arrived in a huge mess earlier, been fighting and has two bites on his throat. Cleaned him up, gave him some metacam and booked yet another trip to the vets. It really is destined to be a very expensive month.

mummy the blankets have been very popular, still glued to them. £8 in £stretcher for really thick fluffy fleeces.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's a great saving on tbe mortgage and also the protection from future rises will give you peace of mind.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Made a test run of Florentine yesterday using a delia recipe, far too wet they all ran into one. Had to slice them while still warm after which they were edible but inelegant. Back to the tried and tested Nigella option.

Ooh... does this mean you've made some for me then? :cool:

Hope the fluffy idiot isn't too expensive. I don't suppose you could persuade him to stay inside and compete with the others for warmth instead of going out and causing trouble?
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Maybe I'll manage to make Florentines this year. Is the recipe in the Nigella Christmas book?

Poor fluffy and poor you! Will a visit to the vet be an incentive for him to keep out of trouble?
  • redofromstart
    Options
    MrsChaos, I have domestic goddess, p203.
    Greenbee sorry, DS1 ate the wonky ones and I haven't got enough cream left for another batch.
    HHoD yes I think its the future proofing that I am happiest about, for the next three years at least. I will just keep on fretting till it is all signed and done. Hate not being in control.

Yesterday was chores day, with the backdrop of a chicken roasting for dinner. Made bread and chocolate buns for DS2 while the oven was on, and a fridge bottom frittata for packed lunches. Opened the goose fat and made a lovely batch of roast potatoes with the 'wonky' maris pipers. First sprouts of the year too - yum.

Vets as soon as I manage to poke his fluffyness into the cat carrier, and then off down the motorway for what might be an expensive meeting with a friend at a fabric warehouse.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    The fluffster is sleeping off £80 worth of injections, they were muttering about anaesthetic and stitches so we need to watch him for a couple of days, and if he has to go back book in with the more experienced head vet for a second opinion first.

Fridge scrapings and rubber chicken for dinner. I had the rest of the cold roast potatoes - yum.

Has anyone seen any smallish potted Christmas trees? They only had the display one (£13 I think) left in B&M, and MrM had a blueish one but at £35 I left it. It needs to be short enough to go on a low table in the Snug where it is safe from the puppy. Nowhere is safe from the cats :cool:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Poor fluffster and poor you for having to pay the bill :(. I hope he doesn't need more expensive treatment :eek:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    We've been wondering how to keep our furry moron away from the Christmas tree, he's like a naughty kitten even though he's four years old.

DH suggested a fire guard, but we don't have one and I don't want to buy one!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Could you cobble something together with (chicken) green wire - try wilkos?

The cats hump up the tree stem if we put the artificial one up, and then sleep on the 'shelves'. They just steal the baubles if we have a real tree. The stupidest/best baubles are some metal bells with holes in that I got last year with a free BnQ voucher - they have easy claw hook points and they make a splendid noise as you spin them them from one end of the house to the other.

I just bled the radiators, amazing the difference it makes :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure