<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope you get your tree up redo, there's nothing like a Christmas tree :).

Particularly one with a cat in it ;)
  • redofromstart
    Options
    The tree is up, and has largely been ignored by the cats. Instead they are distributed evenly through the house, having finally given up on checking if it is snowing out of every possible exit. The garden is pretty for once with a thick blanket hiding evidence of neglect.

Bird table cleared, water and food out. Speckled thrushes, robin and blackbird so far so I am glad I made the effort.

I have made a batch of the carnation fudge which has turned out well, just the right side of toffee so the answer is to cook it for longer.

Bread rising ready to go into the oven, lamb ready to roast, which will be served with the rest of the veg box. I'm going to make celeriac puree, and freeze the rest for Christmas dinner rather than leave it getting stale in the fridge. Think I am going to do a veg box order for 20th, and then one for between Christmas and New Year, with the aim of not having to go into a big stupidmarket in between.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You sound very organised with the food redo.

I can just imagine the cats' reactions when they saw the snow :rotfl:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I love the celeriac puree idea and freezing it in advance is genius.
    I will also be getting a veg box R1verf0rd but if I can get hold of a Mr M wonky veg box that would do me nicely instead :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Celeriac sounds great! I also like it diced, cooked, and dressed in a sour cream salad dressing. Needs to be well chilled, though.
    Sounds like you had a productive weekend and have a plan in place for the holidays. :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,301 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr M wonky veg box back in stock online DIA.

Redo - the only time my garden looks nice is when it's covered in snow, hides a multitude of sins :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Sun Addict. How do you find Mr M for your online shop? I am thinking of using them...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • tantaraza
    Options
    Hello, hello! As a fellow cheese lover I clicked on your diary in horror at the absence of cheese and couldn't stop reading... all those yummy recipes really put me to shame, I should actually cook instead of picking up fast food or meal deals constantly :o

I hope you don't mind if I decide to lurk for more recipes / motivational inspiration as you've done really well with paying off the last of the debt and getting that remortgage sorted on a variable income :D

I feel your pain on tyres though, I had two new summer tyres on in October thinking as it hasn't snowed here for years I could keep the summer tyres all year -- now we have 4-6 inches of snow here and a set of 4 winter tyres for my little hatchback is £292!!! _pale_
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thank goodness the cats have ignored the tree! I was imagining one sitting on each branch!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank goodness the cats have ignored the tree! I was imagining one sitting on each branch!

She's probably got enough for that :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure