<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad the mortgage papers have finally arrived :T. How much money will it save you per month?

A car pot is definitely essential. All our car expenses come in the autumn too because that's when we acquired the car :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,301 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Aw the fur babies sound so cute :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Why does everyone forget the one true rule of cat ownership?
    "You do not own the cat..." :p
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Why does everyone forget the one true rule of cat ownership?
    "You do not own the cat..." :p

Unless it needs the vet! Then they are absolutely 100% mine.

Love TPs cat book, not read that for years.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    So freezing cold and a work from home day, followed by my long working day tomorrow. In a rare fit of efficiency this morning I got some stewing beef and some mince out of the freezer. Had to go out and buy F&V this morning given the really poor stuff in L on Monday. MrM still did not have the wonky veg box that Sun Addict mentioned but they did have some good wonky veg offers: £1.10 for 8 peppers (3 yellow, 5 red), £2 for 13 royal gala apples, and £1 for 2.5kg of nice big maris piper potatoes. I also picked up a family pack of mushrooms for £1.50.

The stewing beef will be browned with some chopped onions, covered in stock and left to simmer for a couple of hours. When it is nice and tender I will thicken the sauce, and add some diced carrots, mushrooms and (if I must) dumplings for those who can eat them and than back in for another half an hour or so till the dumplings are cooked. To be served with mashed potatoes (yuck) and more veg. The mince will be used for chilli - padded out with peppers and mushrooms. Thinking about it if I make the chilli and beef in casserole dishes it can all go in the oven and I can make nice jacket potatoes instead, freezing any spare ones whole for another day.

I was also thinking about Christmas food, specifically mincemeat. I have never made it, although I do usually mix extra dried fruit into the stuff in the jars. Maybe something to experiment with this year? Has anybody got a killer recipe they want to share?
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think I used either Delia's mincemeat recipe or a Mary Berry Aga one. And added fresh cranberries.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Ahh I just do the supplemented version myself - jar of basic stuff gets dried cranberries, sliced almonds and a dollop of either rum or some form of brandy depending on what's about. Also sometimes some extra mixed peel if there's some left from the christmas cake.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Nearly florentines time Greenbee!
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nearly florentines time Greenbee!

I still don't have a kitchen so I think you should make some for me...
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Truffles? I bought a packet of small bottles of flavoured spirits in Mr L a while ago. Should also go well with homemade fudge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback