<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry you've got rain. We've been lucky with our weather this week so hopefully the sunshine will work it's way towards you.

I agree about white shirts, it's a cruel joke that schools play on parents :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was also cold and made a hotter bottle to hug throughout the day :)

OH was away so i will also be taking a hot water bottle to bed :o I'd take a cat but they fidget and sleep on my head which is v annoying.
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Can I ask which course it is? Definitely need a dose of style here! :eek: :rotfl:

:hello: hello Chrystal The website is myrubyslippers.co.uk but she runs this closed group on Facebook and the link to the £35 online 'Suss Your Style' course is on there, its a task a day for five weeks and I don't see why you couldn't start a couple of days late if you wanted to. The (free to join) Lets Chat group is lovely and friendly, none of the nasty fall outs I have seen elsewhere and the ladies seem to be generally more of an of interest to me and older age group which helps.
    As a side note Redo , my HR have never done anything about my sickness over Dec, Jan and Feb so as you said they aren't that bad sometimes !
    Ha, some of us are nice and reasonable as far as policy allows.

HHOD by 4pm it was sunny so I am hoping it gets better from here on in. Forecast is for a sunny BH weekend. I think the chances of being able to book a skip are slim but I might try tomorrow.

OH away for work so I took the boys for a burger after school. Expensive for what it was and not very filling, but they enjoyed it which is the key thing.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,186 Forumite
    Options
    I'm on two hot waterbottles and a blanket here for the last few nights. And I lit the fire...

Weather forecast here is also looking suspiciously good... I'm hoping I can get the lawn mowed, plant some shrubs, split some logs, get the garden furniture out and get out to see the bluebells...
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Redo, I'll have a look. :)
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes it does finally feel like it might be warming up again doesn't it - I've been resolutely REFUSING to put heating back on but have needed an extra layer over the duvet overnight this week and have needed the fire on in the front room a couple of nights. :o
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was grateful for the hot water bottle last night, but its a much warmer day today. I just watered the seedlings in the house and went and had a mooch in the (gloriously warm) tunnel. The plug plants are doing brilliantly - a triumph of hope over experience. The strawberries that I rescued from the weeds have all survived too which gives me a dozen or so to start a new patch. The raspberries are still surrounded by weeds but are starting to flower so its easier to see what there is to transplant before I start clearing that patch.

Yesterday I spent sorting the kitchen out, emptying and cleaning the cupboards and making a dry goods list. I actually have a list of things I need to buy rather than randomly buying yet more pasata when we still have three in the cupboard. I'll be making chilli later and I know we have everything I need. That said I neglected to actually look at the list this morning in classic me style :p

Frittered some of the Amzn vouchers last night - 99p on another kindle book (Heyer, False Colours) and £4 on My Fair Lady on dvd which is one of my favourite films so why don't I own it? Still have c£50 in vouchers though so I don't feel too bad.

Just did a secret survey, cant even log into prolific and am keeping the wheels spinning on SBs. No remotely interesting jobs to apply for so just need to keep focus on house and garden stuff for the time being. Oh, and doing something about the writing ideas instead of just thinking a lot. Mind you, that's how I write. Lots of thinking, (eventually) one draft, minor revisions.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I struggled to log in to Prolific first thing this morning Redo - it does seem to have sorted itself out after that though. Nothing much doing on there for me mind you! Small (25 pts) YouGov one picked up earlier though.

You've just reminded me I might have £3 to cash out on the secret survey site...
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It should hot up for you quite nicely this weekend redo. I've tuned one storage heater back on after the warm weekend finished and turned it off again today - hopefully till the autumn!

Dry goods list sounds good - it's something needs to be done every so often.

Have a good weekend.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I like the sound of a dry goods list. I think I will copy that.
    Hope you get some writing done :)
    I've been wanting to garden for ages. This looks like gardening weather :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,186 Forumite
    Options
    It's definitely gardening weather! I have holes to dig, weeding to do and need to get some petrol so I can get the mowing done.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback