Igloo Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's not what you should be comparing.
    You need to compare the total annual cost, including the standing charge, based on actual meter readings.  Also bear in mind any exit fees from the old and new suppliers, and don't forget to compare separate suppliers as well as dual fuel.
  • dfarry
    dfarry Posts: 939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 June 2020 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Been with Igloo for about 8 months now, no issues although the fact they can't tap into my smart meter and need me to provide meter readings is a bit of a pain.
    They also worked out cheaper for my mother so used the £50 referral link which is a nice bonus.
  • kelvin1950_1
    Options
    Looking at a new supplier for the beginning of October. Am I right in assuming that Igloo don't do smart meters? 
  • kelvin1950_1
    Options
    Thanks, that's very kind of you but I'll pass. It's taken 18 months to get my smart meters to work properly, I'm not going to go back to manual readings!
  • I'm trying to switch to Igloo and getting nowhere fast. I completed their online form and pressed proceed, only to receive their error message asking me to call. By this time their call centre had closed so I left it till today. Called and was on hold for 20 minutes plus. Attempted to process it online again so repeated the online form, at which point the website informed me that they already have a customer with my E mail address. They don't; mine is specific to my business. I'm now looking for a comparable tariff elsewhere as if it's this bad when they are trying to get business from you, can't imagine how poor their customer service would be once they've reeled you in.
  • tangela100
    Options
    Stay away from this company! They are a bunch off amateurs. Try to organise a payment plan on my account and although agreed for 6 months at £86 a months within a span of 20 minutes they had adjust the repayments to £185.63 and 20 minutes later to £243.03. The balance was £750.
    They also keep blocking my switch to another supplier. On and all untrusting!
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You arranged a payment plan of £86 a month for 6 months , that's on top of your normal repayments not instead ( by the way that payment plan would only have cleared £450 of your £750 debt ) . I don't think you fully comprehend the problem

No supplier will allow a switch until a debt is cleared.

Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    UnclaimedEnergy Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 9 September 2020 at 9:42AM
    Options
    Stay away from this company! They are a bunch off amateurs. Try to organise a payment plan on my account and although agreed for 6 months at £86 a months within a span of 20 minutes they had adjust the repayments to £185.63 and 20 minutes later to £243.03. The balance was £750.
    They also keep blocking my switch to another supplier. On and all untrusting!
    Racking up an un-paid balance of £750 to one of the cheaper suppliers is extremely neglectful, by both parties.

Either: 
    1. You were previously billed on estimated for over a year, then provided readings recently which were much higher.
    2. Your monthly payments were way too low and Igloo failed to raise the DD sooner (or they did and you complained)
    3. You cancelled your DD at some point to save yourself some outgoings

Unless Igloo sat on a rising debt balance (which I find hard to believe) I can't see that they've done anything wrong.
  • RosieM
    Options
    Please check small print very carefully before signing up with this company. Some very poor communication and not transparent. Stop your switch over to them if you have to. 
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    RosieM said:
    Please check small print very carefully before signing up with this company. Some very poor communication and not transparent. Stop your switch over to them if you have to. 
    What could be wrong with them?
    I've been with them nearly 3 years, I've actually done a few comparisons over the last two weeks, hard to beat on price so sticking with them for now.
    I can't say I've ever had any issues, apart from a pending price increase (9.1%) which could be coming soon to all, who knows, I'm pretty happy.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback