PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• bopsybunny
    Options
    First post here!

Just had an offer accepted, so we are buying our first home! We've spoken to our mortgage adviser to go though some options.

Now to find a solicitor.

I'm so excited!
    Wedding savings Jan 19: £1.4k. Sept 19: £7.5k. Mar 20: £12.6k
    Goal: Pay for wedding by August 2020 <3
  • Finchy2018
    Options
    Just had our buyers pack and contract through, wooooah there is a lot to read through, will hopefully do that tonight. I have no idea how long we are looking at now to exchange?
  • jennhg88
    jennhg88 Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finchy2018 wrote: »
    Just had our buyers pack and contract through, wooooah there is a lot to read through, will hopefully do that tonight. I have no idea how long we are looking at now to exchange?

How long is a piece of string? Depends on enquiries and survey etc etc etc
  • AMJxxxxx
    Options
    Just had email from solicitors saying report being sent out tomorrow. Hope this means it is now moving forward! Looking forward to seeing what conditions (if any) are in the Lease as only bought Freehold before.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    No news from me. Hoping against hope as this has to happen today / tomorrow or it is all over.

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Magnus91
    Magnus91 Posts: 66 Forumite
    edited 7 November 2018 at 12:17PM
    Options
    It's finally over!! :D:D

Here is my full, over 5 month ordeal for anyone that is interested!

8/05/18 - Flat viewed.
    9/05/18 - Offer made and accepted.
    9/05/18 - Solicitors instructed.
    10/5/18 - Welcome pack received from solicitor.
    11/05/18 - Signed welcome pack/ID sent to solicitor and searches ordered.
    14/05/18 - Mortgage application made.
    22/05/18 - Mortgage valuation.
    23/05/18 - Mortgage offer received.
    25/05/18 - Second short viewing of flat.

Apparent problem with the land registry that needs to be sorted before draft contracts can be issued.

28/06/18 - Received draft contracts.
    28/06/18 - Enquires raised.
    04/07/18 - Leasehold information pack received.
    04/07/18 - Searches ordered.

Radio silence from solicitor

16/07/18 - Third, longer, viewing of flat.
    18/07/18 - Informed that solicitor is leaving the firm, new one will be allocated.
    20/07/18 - Additional enquires raised.
    20/07/18 - Searches received.
    21/07/18 - Contract received.
    23/07/18 - Contract signed and returned.

29/08/18 - Got the seller's contacts details and spoke to him directly, this will make things so much easier.

05/09/18 - Got the buyer's pack from the management company.
    06/09/18 - All responses to enquires received.
    11/09/18 - Info needed from local court to fix land registry issue.

11/10/18 - Flat reappeared on rightmove :eek: Gave me a heart attack but was still listed as sold and was apparently a mistake, removed again a couple of days after.

19/10/18 - Still waiting for court, quoted as another 10 working days :eek: After lots of ranting, the file magically appears and the seller's solicitor now has it in hand.

25/10/18 - Land registry issue finally resolved! :T
    26/10/18 - Completion date of 5th November proposed and accepted by both sides, planning to exchange on 30th/31st.
    26/10/18 - Help to buy ISA closed, just waiting on apportionments figure.

02/10/18 - Apportionments received!
    Transferred money to solicitor via faster payments as I was told this would actually be quicker than CHAPS!
    Planning to exchange and complete on the same day on Monday :eek:

05/11/18 - Very stressful day! Was on the phone going back and forth between the seller and my solicitor to get everything sorted.

4:30pm - EXCHANGED AND COMPLETED!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    Gave in notice on my current rented flat as it was the last day I could this month!

5pm - Met seller, picked up keys, did meter readings etc etc.

PHEW! It's been a very long 5 months, but I'm so glad it's over, just need to do a bit of decorating and furniture ordering, planning to move in properly at the start of December!

Good luck to everyone still going through it! You'll get there in the end! :)
  • JadeLouise
    Options
    Still nothing from me ! Emailed solicitor a week ago and no response yet. Have tried to phone him and his team but no answer there. This is probably one of the only times I have felt relieved living with the in laws. So glad to see it does end (eventually). Seems like you wait then it all happens at once!
  • Finchy2018
    Options
    Signing our contract and everything today. Got an update yesterday, still waiting for mortgage offer further up the chain but bottom of chain ready to go once we have signed and sent over our deposit. Looking like we will exchange at some point this month, although I'm not going to get too excited. Just trying to not waste any money now and keep as many pennies in the bank for any unexpected issues, I'll feel happier when I get my share the proceeds of the unrelated sale we had as that would pay for the bills for about 3 years should anything go wrong.

I think my hope of getting the whole house redone before we move in might be a bit of a stretch now so will focus on the bathroom, hall and bedroom, and we can redo kitchen once we are in.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    so, 1pm yesterday everyone ready to go - the solicitor for our buyers is on holiday so her colleague who is filling in checks the file. They've not signed the purchase contracts. WHO DOES THIS?!?!?!?

Now the house we are purchasing have said that is it - game over.

Frustrated beyond belief at all of this.

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Jtotz67
    Jtotz67 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    so, 1pm yesterday everyone ready to go - the solicitor for our buyers is on holiday so her colleague who is filling in checks the file. They've not signed the purchase contracts. WHO DOES THIS?!?!?!?

Now the house we are purchasing have said that is it - game over.

Frustrated beyond belief at all of this.

Oh my GOD!! The incompetence!! That is absolutely outrageous! Do you have a direct line to the buyer to tell them that you are losing your onward because of them and their solicitors?

Is there no way you can appeal to your onward purchase? Surely they don't want to have to start this process again and shell out yet more money....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback