PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• CommitedToChange
    Options
    It's beyond frustrating. Esp when you are stuck waiting for updates.

I'm currently on a countdown until my mortgage fully expires. 15 working days and counting :eek:
  • Aliliva
    Aliliva Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rant more on: my solicitor is still AWOL, and the firm hasn't reassigned my case cause "there are more pressing applications, closed to exchange". I'm so tempted to ditch them, but they have the whole search package with them and I'm afraid moving to another solicitor would mean re-starting everything! On the other hand, it's not like they're doing anything to speed up the process, and the vendors might just decide to pull out cause it's taking too long :(
    GC £~~/300
  • Astrac
    Astrac Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    So I called my solicitors and the person who answered wanted my details and told me that I would receive a call back within 24 hours.

When I asked to talk with someone who could actually give me an answer now pointing to the fact that I was actually waiting for an answer to my email since the 9th of January the person told me that he was just an operator in a call center that picked up when people at the solicitor office didn't answer the phone.

This is really bad, call centres are the ultimate tool to avoid accountability and the fact that they are using one makes me pretty nervous. I'm tempted to begin pestering them on social media to get their attention but I would like to avoid it if possible as I don't like to antagonise people. Is there anything else I can do to get a hold of these people?
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    For both of you I would suggest going in to the sols and speaking face to face. It's harder to ignore people when they won't leave the building
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Solicitors have no sense of urgency. I suspect because they do this every day.

Glares at phone willing it to ring.
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Completely agree with CTC, I made a point of going in initially to ensure that i met with my solicitor and when they made excuses and said she might be some time i just stood my ground and said i will wait ..she appeared after 15 mins, i have a DDI for her ;) mind you i think i my sols are quite good but then i could just be a real pain in the bum LOL

As for today's update ..still waiting on them agreeing to an indemnity policy ..sent us a load of info but NOTHING about the extension GRRRRR ...if they would just sort it we could sign and be done !
  • JaneyLouWho
    Options
    My solicitor seems great, quick to communicate, very straightforward. My vendors however weren’t told about enquiries by their solicitor that we raised in the first week of November, and the buyers solicitor hasn’t yet responded to a single email to acknowledge receipt of contract or anything. However the vendors and buyers themselves seem happy that things are moving as quickly as they can, and assure me that they are keen for an exchange/completion date imminently. Tick Tock Tick Tock! I think the most frustrating aspect of this is that it all happens behind closed doors and that there really is very little you can do to control any aspect of something which is completely life changing!
  • SassySaver88
    Options
    Finally it has happened!!!!!

WE HAVE EXCHANGED!!!
    After all the tears and the worries and the applications...boy im glad to be here...

Solicitors are useless...all of them....I had to chase several times a day...one day I phoned the estate agents (15 times) no joke..
    You need to be on their tail...at one point I was completing enquiries myself due to the solicitors just waiting...
    There was even a point where I had to complain because the case had been left due to the case handler going off sick...needless to say it was fixed pretty sharpish...

So tips for those waiting...chase chase chase your phone off the hook...dont worry about becoming a pain...chase...make them solicitors earn their money....and boy if your sellers are slow....like ours...chase on their behalf.

By the way...I love this thread, you guys have helped me through some sticky spots.

Completion Friday :):)
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    CONGRATS Sassy!

Gives us all hope :D
  • SassySaver88
    Options
    CONGRATS Sassy!

Gives us all hope :D

Thanks Committed :)
    Pick up that phone tomorrow and chase....all day long lol
Meet your Ambassadors