PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Morata_
    Morata_ Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Reading through, seems most get to pick up there keys!

Ours fell through after 11 weeks, week of exchange!

Good luck all and hopefully one day soon, like many on here, we will pick up the new keys!!
  • RXT156
    RXT156 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone else had a particularly frosty relationship with their vendor?
    I've not spoken to mine (what I mean by that is she hasn't responded to a text message since arranging the viewing 3+ months ago). Signing this week (hopefully!!!) then exchange/completion when possible after that but I'm sure the process could've been much quicker if we had a better relationship but nope, she doesn't like talking to me LOL
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,714 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    We've never had any contact with our vendor RXT156, all done through estate agents (it's an estate sale though so they live miles away). Also pretty sure some things would have been quicker if we'd spoken to them!

We have had a good text relationship with our buyers though which has helped smooth things over when their buyers dropped out after 17 weeks (the week of exchange).
  • SassySaver88
    Options
    We've never had any contact with our vendor RXT156, all done through estate agents (it's an estate sale though so they live miles away). Also pretty sure some things would have been quicker if we'd spoken to them!

We have had a good text relationship with our buyers though which has helped smooth things over when their buyers dropped out after 17 weeks (the week of exchange).

We are week of exchange too Cheery Daff when are you expected too??
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Regarding insurance you can get quotes that are valid for 30 days then give those details to your sol - then just commit on the day of exchange.

If like me you need it all before exchange (bloody mortgage company) just pick one where you know you can cancel if it all goes tits up. I had Halifax insurance - which I cancelled when we didn't end up exchanging before Christmas. It has a 14 day cancellation policy.

I've never spoken to my vendors - but I'm very tempted if nothing happens this week, my mortgage offer expires in 3 weeks with no more extensions to be given.

Going to be chasing tomorrow as in therory everything is now sorted (ha heard that before).

Fingers crossed this is the week that ends all of our frustrations.
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    We've not met/had any contact with our vendor and didn't on our last purchase either - although that was because he'd already purchased another house and moved out :o

On our last few sales we've met and kept in contact (via email/text) with our buyers during the process and with one exception - where they sent ridiculous quatities of texts - it has helped keep the whole thing on track, imho!

Although we've exchanged on our sale, we're only in the early stages with our purchase, but are hoping to get some stuff through the post (fixtures/fittings forms etc) soon.

Keeping everything crossed for those hoping to exchange this week :)
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Thanks everyone ...well another week goes past...i'm tempted to not give any details of insurance till i hear back about the indemnity ..please let there be some news this week ..went looking at new 3 pc suite at the weekend to try and cheer ourselves up ..never been able to fit a decent sized one in our current home so something of a novelty ;)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !
  • Firsttimebuyers
    Options
    Off to our solicitors this afternoon to start signing everything - things have finally picked up!

Drove past the house we're buying yesterday, and the vendor seems to be moving out already (she's moving in with her partner so no chain) so we're very hopeful there'll be no last hiccups. Did look like she was possible digging up plants / stones to take with her judging by what we saw in the back of a car - easily replaced though.
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Off to our solicitors this afternoon to start signing everything - things have finally picked up!

Drove past the house we're buying yesterday, and the vendor seems to be moving out already (she's moving in with her partner so no chain) so we're very hopeful there'll be no last hiccups. Did look like she was possible digging up plants / stones to take with her judging by what we saw in the back of a car - easily replaced though.

YAY ...that's great news :)
  • CommitedToChange
    CommitedToChange Posts: 1,325 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2018 at 2:22PM
    Options
    Emailed sol asking her to chase today and just got the standard I have your file next to me reply. And repeated what the vendors sol said last week.

Don't reply to me - send an email to my vendors sol and say you've done that - I know what they said on Friday afternoon, I want you to chase then again.

Sigh. This is going to be a long day/week.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback