PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Firsttimebuyers
    Options
    mailmannz wrote: »
    And we are done! Just had the call from the solicitors that we can go get our keys! :T

I might start tearing up with joy :heart::kisses2::blushing:

Congratulations!!
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    kates08 wrote: »
    Janey our for sale sign was blown down at one point, we were worried that our buyer would think exactly the same as you, took about 10 days for it to go back up again.

Years ago our for sale board was burned down by an idiotic vandal. Next thing we knew the house we were buying - private sale - was being advertised in the local EA's window. Turned out our vendor had driven past and seeing no board, assumed we had changed our minds :mad:
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Congratulations Kate08 and Mailmannz :T

Aliliva, how absolutely awful for you......hope it doesn't hold things up too much!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Finally cracked and emailed my sol to bug my vendors for an update.

They got a reply yesterday from their lenders and it look like they'll accept the indemnity insurance they will review it today

While that's good news WHY didn't they review it yesterday, my mortgage offer expires 100% at the end of the month- should there not be some sodding urgency aaaaarrrrrrrgggggggg
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,714 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds like hugs and gin needed all round in here :eek:

Can't believe your solicitor was fired Aliliva! :erk: hope you get another one pronto and they give you a hefty discount!

Congratulations to those of you who've exchanged :j

And muh patience to the rest of us... people DO move house every single day so I'm sure we'll get our turn one day :o just not today... :o :rotfl:
  • vicki2221
    vicki2221 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Our surveyor called and said he was happy with the value of the house and it's in pretty good nick considering it's age, the wonky floors and walls and all the other eccentricities are all to be expected. He said he would love to live in it himself.

Gins all round tonight. Have a good weekend everyone.
    Save £12k in 2018 #130 - £1200/£7,000
  • Firsttimebuyers
    Options
    We have one outstanding query regarding a FENSA certificate I believe -and then we're ready to go.

Signing Documents Monday, with a view to exchanging a week today!!
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    We have one outstanding query regarding a FENSA certificate I believe -and then we're ready to go.

Signing Documents Monday, with a view to exchanging a week today!!

If you are waiting on copies of certs you can just go on line and look them up :)
  • Firsttimebuyers
    Options
    If you are waiting on copies of certs you can just go on line and look them up :)

Really? The solicitor is expecting them today or Monday anyway, but good to know thanks.
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    vicki2221 wrote: »
    Our surveyor called and said he was happy with the value of the house and it's in pretty good nick considering it's age, the wonky floors and walls and all the other eccentricities are all to be expected. He said he would love to live in it himself.

Gins all round tonight. Have a good weekend everyone.

I'd love to see your new home it sounds wonderful !!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback