PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 November 2017 at 5:24PM
    Options
    JoJo1978 wrote: »
    Ah ok Mutley74, that's annoying if was agreed.

Did you agree this verbally through the estate agent or was it a written condition of your offer that has been transcribed onto the sales memorandum and draft contract?

Unless it's part of the draft contract wording I don't think you have any comeback, other than to find a later date that suits you both.

Dates when I could move/complete were written with my offer to the EA. I have left the matter with the solicitor to deal with but made it clear no exchange before then. No draft contract has been made/received yet. Vendor telling me yesterday he loses some of his annual leave if left after the 8th Jan.....it not my problem as I have a commitment I cannot change.
  • Firsttimebuyers
    Options
    Now searches are underway, and our mortgage offer has been sent to us / solicitors - when can we request another viewing to start measuring up? Would we do this via the solicitors or the estate agents?

We're complete novices at all this as we're FTB !
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 23 November 2017 at 6:08PM
    Options
    Firsttimebuyers that sounds like great progress. You can ask any time and I'd do it through the EA, it's much less formal that way and the EA can do the availability checking with the vendor.

We've now seen the house we are buying 4 times in total, twice since we made the offer. We give the vendors fair notice and they're also flexible as they know it's a 250 mile round trip for us!

Don't be alarmed either way if they do or don't want to be in when you go round, some people get a bit emotional about leaving etc.! But equally if you'd find it useful to meet them don't be afraid to ask. For example our vendors demonstrated how to use stuff like the heating and appliances.

It's not a bad idea to get a good relationship with your vendor. It makes what can be a bit stressful a bit more human.
  • middy991
    Options
    Looks like ours is gonna fall through at the last step due to not been able to find out who the lease holder is was only waiting for the lender to be happy with the solicitors work
  • Kpossible929
    Options
    We had our valuation on Tuesday and got the report yesterday. Now waiting for our mortgage offer.

Got in contact with the estate agent to ask about gas/electric and boiler certificates (they told us to ask solicitor) but told us that there are 4 other people in the chain (all have found properties apart from the last one who has been advised by their solicitor to go into rented). Our sellers solicitor is waiting on a few further details and then they want to issue the contract pack.

We’ve had an environmental search back from the solicitor and an energy rating report thing but that’s all. How far along are we, what else do we need to wait for (obviously the mortgage offer)?
  • juniordoc
    Options
    Keep the faith all, the end is in sight for some of you!
    We complete and get the keys next Friday but have yet to start packing. I think the 8 days overlap with our rental means we are not feeling the pressure yet, but we really should be, I have really long shifts next week!
  • Marcus1991
    Options
    We're looking to exchange and complete Friday the 1st December :) very excited. Going to Tenerife Saturday 2nd December for a week. As bad as this sounds, I don't want to go now! haha.
  • tgirl
    tgirl Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Completion day today!! Could barely sleep. Woke up and started xmas shopping online.

Removal men due at 8am. Planning to start loading up car with clothes at 6am. Got an email from solcitor yesterday confirming mortgage funds have been received.
  • Katapolt
    Options
    tgirl thats so exciting congratulations! hope you have a smooth move!
  • JaneyLouWho
    Options
    Hello - I'm finally able to join this thread after recieving our mortgage offer today. A few hiccups along the way, so hopefully things will be smooth sailing here on out?! :) Our solicitors have been instructed for a few weeks now and searches are back, so now they have the mortgage offer they are nearly ready to go. Our chain isn't fully formed yet, but we are the bottom as we are currently renting. We are happy to wait because my Mum is putting funds in to the purchase from her house sale as she is downsizing to live in an annex in our new house, and although we can raise finance if necessary we'd much rather have the sale of hers go through first. Hoping to move in about Feb/March if things go according to plan. Exciting!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback