PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• Hi all,

After a little bit of advice. We are currently looking at buying a detached house. But we have found that the current owner purchased some spare land to one side of the property, since then he has moved the boundary seperating this piece of land and the property further onto the house land reducing our area when compared to the title deeds (which still show the original layout for the boundary). As he hasn’t changed the boundary through land registry does he have to move the fence back to the original position when we exchange?
  • Sadly not - the 9 days is an average only. Everything depends on the supporting evidence submitted and whether we need to do any wider checks. We don't take 9 days to think about it but that tends to be the wait time between receipt and full consideration. But it is an average only.

Good Afternoon,

any updated on this please?
    MS563915
  • Hi,
    A simple question ..... what is the easiest and cheapest way to check what the Land Registry says is my neighbour's boundary with me ... from his side of the fence as it were, rather than what my documents says it is? I ask this because I live in a very old house, where there is a small parcel of land between me and my neighbour .... "my" garden.

30+ years ago I agreed to pay him 50 pence per year for the use of it ... this was only paid once by me and then I was told by the neighbour that it was not necessary as giving a receipt was too much hassle for him.

It seems that many years ago there was some dispute with a previous occupier of my house and him and when I have questioned him he refuses to discuss the matter and also refuses to sell what is a VERY small and unusable (for him) parcel of land. This has come to a head as we are trying to sell the house and possible buyers are put off with this "strange" arrangement.

Because of the reluctance of this neighbour to engage with my problem, I was therefore wondering if he was in fact the real owner of the land. Any thoughts would be gratefully received.
  • Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Do a map search on the LR website and download the plans for £3.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    bhaskar wrote: »
    i need the information about who owns the car park at
    25 Raw Dykes Rd, Leicester LE2 7JU

there is 3 units that share the car park but there isn't any information about them on land registry

Unit 2, 25, Raw Dykes Road, Leicester, LE2 7JU
    Tenure:
    n/a Price Paid/Value Stated Data:
    n/a No information available
    Unit 3, 25, Raw Dykes Road, Leicester, LE2 7JU
    Tenure:
    Unit 1, 25, Raw Dykes Road, Leicester, LE2 7JU
    Tenure:

can you help?

if you look through the historic planning applications there may be a clue, it used to be a Do it All store, looks like Standard Life property might have owned it then.

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/ResultSet.aspx?AppNo=&Address=&UPRN=LQE1003
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,776 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The application is being considered but we are not able to give any further update at this stage.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi - I have been advised that with a statutory declaration I could register a prescriptive easement with Land Registry, but what exactly would this illustrate? Is there any true benefit?

It is for a shared access track which is unregistered land - I am unable to make a claim under adverse possession (as it's shared and also a registered public footpath) and as it's unregistered there's no one that could grant a formal right of way anyway.

Would having a prescriptive easement give me any more right than the sworn statutory declaration?

Thanks.
  • Many thanks.
  • Land_Registry
    Sbabear wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We are in the process of selling our house which currently has both a freehold and leasehold against the property. Both the freehold and leasehold are in the name of my wife and I.

These were supposed to merge when we bought the property, but this appears not to have happened.

Our buyers solicitor is insisting we merge these prior to completion, and although we don’t believe this is necessary, our solicitor has submitted a request to the Land Registry to progress this.

Could you please advise on approximate timescales for completing the merge?

2 weeks is the current average if everything is in order but the devil is always in the detail so do rely on your conveyancer for timescales overall
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Majic wrote: »
    Can someone help me on this one. Where I live is a house for sale. Behind it is a pathway into a field. In previous years I have seen people walk down the path and into a field. The owner of the house for sale tells me that I shouldn't walk there as the path is private and his land. His house for sale does not mention this land in the particulars. He may well be right but how can I find out who owns the strip of land that contains the pathway?

Map Enquiry is your in,one service if the land is registered. If not or uncertain on,one then do a postal search of the index map
    https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback