PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,797 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your message. I don't fully understand how the other applications can affect. I assume these have to be other applications also submitted by my seller? Do I get it right?

Thank again,
    Francesco

Most likely submitted by other purchasers just like your seller. Very much something to discuss with your own conveyancer as to the timings from your win perspective
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ellectrastar
    ellectrastar Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 August 2018 at 9:31AM
    Options
    Good morning - I have made an offer on a property that shares a track with five others. How is this shared track recorded at Land Registry? Does it show on each property's deeds that the track is shared? I want to ensure that it is indeed shared, and not just a right of way over someone elses land. Thanks.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Good morning - I have made an offer on a property that shares a track with five others. How is this shared track recorded at Land Registry? Does it show on each property's deeds that the track is shared? I want to ensure that it is indeed shared, and not just a right of way over someone elses land. Thanks.

Whether they all own a part or each have a right of way over it then those details should appear on the registered titles involved. I'd suggest checking the title you are buying to see what details are included/mentioned
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ellectrastar
    Options
    Thanks. I ordered the title register and plan. It doesn't reference anything to do with the track at all, neither ownership or rights of way. How else can I verify what this track is?

In addition the outline boundary is different as to what is advertised. The seller purchased adjoining land at a later stage - should this not show? Or is the title plan that you send relevant only to the time of the most recent sale and not any changes made thereafter? The estate agent shows a plan titled "Schedule of Areas" along with the field numbers and sizes, and this includes the portion that the seller says they have purchased. Why does it not show on the result I've been sent?
  • Emma2409
    Options
    Thanks for the info. The seller’s solicitor has contacted our solicitor to confirm that they are to submit the application for adverse possession this week along with a letter from the registered proprietor confirming that there is no objection to the transfer- will having this letter speed things up at all or will the full notice period and surveys etc still need to be carried out?
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Thanks. I ordered the title register and plan. It doesn't reference anything to do with the track at all, neither ownership or rights of way. How else can I verify what this track is?

In addition the outline boundary is different as to what is advertised. The seller purchased adjoining land at a later stage - should this not show? Or is the title plan that you send relevant only to the time of the most recent sale and not any changes made thereafter? The estate agent shows a plan titled "Schedule of Areas" along with the field numbers and sizes, and this includes the portion that the seller says they have purchased. Why does it not show on the result I've been sent?

So you need to check if the track is registered and if so what it's title refers to
    If they bought additional land at a later date then it is likely to be registered under it's own title.
    If you are buying the property then these are really issues you should raise with the seller and ask them to prove title/rights etc for you
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Emma2409 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. The seller!!!8217;s solicitor has contacted our solicitor to confirm that they are to submit the application for adverse possession this week along with a letter from the registered proprietor confirming that there is no objection to the transfer- will having this letter speed things up at all or will the full notice period and surveys etc still need to be carried out?

We won't know until the application is considered and the supporting evidence considered. Every application is considered on merit so impossible to say whether either or both are needed.
  • Morecat
    Options
    Hi Land Registry - I am selling my SO leasehold flat, we are almost at exchange. The buyers solicitor has requested that the title is amended as the leasehold title number is noted with a different title number on the Freehold title. This needs to be corrected at Land Registry. How long will this correction take? Why would there be different title numbers?
  • Land_Registry
    edited 22 August 2018 at 9:21AM
    Options
    Morecat wrote: »
    Hi Land Registry - I am selling my SO leasehold flat, we are almost at exchange. The buyers solicitor has requested that the title is amended as the leasehold title number is noted with a different title number on the Freehold title. This needs to be corrected at Land Registry. How long will this correction take? Why would there be different title numbers?

If it's simply a typo then it should only take a few days I imagine. What's the title number?
  • Morecat
    Options
    If it's simply a typo then it should only take a few days I imagine. What's the title number?
    Thank you for getting back to me. The title number is SGL413500. There wasn't a problem 17 years ago when I bought the flat and nothing has changed during that time, apart from getting the mortgage paid off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback