Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is it worth you looking into a shared ownership mortgage? This is how both my DDs are buying their places, you have to be a first time buyer and depending on what you buy, the deposits can be really low. Eg. DD2 is buying 25% share of a 2 bedroom flat, valued at £135k. Her deposit is £1750, and her monthly mortgage (on the 25%), her rent (on the 75%) and service charge come to around £500 which is less than you can rent a studio flat for round here. She can increase her share over time too if she wants but has the security of owning. She's used a "help to buy" isa too which gives you 25% back on what you save, the solicitors draw it down from the government for you. (Again open to first time buyers) you've got to have paid in £1600 for the bonus.

Google "shared ownership" to see what schemes are available in your area, you'll probably have priority being in the profession you are too. And it's not just flats.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    My plan is to buy up north, even with most shared ownership teachers can't afford to buy here, everyone unless they have a richer husband rents. And then leaves to buy a house else where! In fact out of my six closest friends at work two own (rich city hubbies) the rest of use rent. One friend owns a flat to be fair - as in no rich hubby.

In other news I have booked a weekend away at the end of Feb - same place as before, just so I know I have something to look forward to.

I carried on with the conservatory today and it is a disaster. Up early tomorrow to finish it.

Filled two charity shop bags (from my room) one recycling bag and one rubbish bag.

Doesn't look a lot different. hmmmm. Got a lot to do in the next couple of days.

Watching a Graham Norton compilation and absolutely DYING. Can't concentrate. :):) XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    When are you back to work?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Tomorrow. And Whilst I hate getting up early! I am actually quite glad for the routine. I keep staying up late and sleep him in. And the eating my GOD! I have just eaten a mini christmas cake and a piece of cheese.... and I am looking for something else to eat!!

XX
  • beanielou
    Options
    Buffy~~I have been stuffing my face constantly & I am just constantly starving :o:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    SO bloody hungry!!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    It is funny reading back.... me being permanently hungry is a sign of a migraine.... but I've not had one for ages so i didn't think about it.

Any how Sunday night I went to bed at ten, fell straight to sleep, was really hot - mum has the house at about 25 degrees at the moment! but I keep my room at about 20 degrees.

Woke up at 11 in agony. My head felt like it was burning and that was setting off lightening strikes of pain across my skull. I was so shocked. my heart was going mad and I was covered in sweat. I didn't know what to do. It is a real panic at first was I was not expecting it at all. If I am wake and get the early signs I can take pills but you can't do that if you are asleep!

Anyhow I got up and got my wheat germ bag and went back to sleep - it sort of passes or more accurately you realise you are not dying and just have to go through the pain for a bit.

At 1 in the morning (I think) I woke up thinking it was seven, got up I was violently sick several times which was horrible as it made my head hurt so much I was utterly beyond the previous waves of pain.

It was at that point i decided to not to go to work. Then I worked out it was about 1.30. I considered calling 111 or whatever it is but decided (in the kitchen) that I couldn't speak properly - which is frightening but standard in my migraines so oddly reassured me I wasn't dying (again)

So monday was an odd day, I cleaned the bathroom, hoovered, decluttered my wardrobe and sorted some Kon mari piles. I kept busy as I could until I collapsed in bed in the afternoon. The sleep was BLISS.

Got to go now, must go to bed :)

Was ok today, work was good.

Buffy XXX
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounded like a horrible experience :( Glad you're feeling better now xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Glad you're feeling a bit better Buffy. Sounds like quite a scary experience.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope you are surviving the first week back Buffster xx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure