juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're sounding a lot brighter Buffy - hope it continues xx
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    The way I’m feeling right now, I’ve one going free to a good home!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: You remind me so much of my best friend when you say things like this!
    juliejim wrote: »
    You're sounding a lot brighter Buffy - hope it continues xx

I think it is the stopping of everything. I fell asleep this afternoon, I only went shopping for the family (still working on the ability to say no there) and am neglecting the whole being worried about everything - just too tired. I love this bit between Christmas and New year, so still. Also I have that new year feeling - which I know is !!!!!!!! really but I love it I feel like you get to leave all the !!!! behind. Plus this coming week is about the tip, the charity shop and getting rid.

Must look at my bank. I have no plans for the new year and no plans to spend any money aside from petrol (I can't decide if new car uses a lot or if I just like driving it more so am using more) so I should be ok for the next 4 weeks.

Bit worried about the dog :(

XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Dog is being really weird. I will try and get him to the vets - tho I took him last week and they couldn't see anything wrong. He won't come into the living room or go out in the garden (without a lead - if I put the lead on he goes out - I don't even have to be holding it?!?!) He sits in the hall and shakes or rather trembles. We think he has hurt his leg (tho all normal at the vets) The last couple of nights I have picked him up and carried him to the sofa to sit with him. He doesn't shake then. He is currently asleep and fine. I don't know what to say to the vets.

I really came back to say I have joined some challenges. Debt removal needs to be my focus for the first 6 months of 2019.

1. £1 a day for Christmas
    2. 1% challenge
    3. Frugal Challenge
    4. There was another one I am sure.

hmm. Too many Snowballs........
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    4. make the perfect joker before the snowballs evaporate
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe the dog was just spooked at something.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,547 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I joined the 1 debt vs 100 days challenge. I do love a good challenge :)

How old is your dog, is he old enough for it to be the start of dementia? Hopefully it's not though, dogs behave weirdly sometimes. Is he a breed prone to being highly strung?
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    He is 6.. He just jumped off the sofa as if nothing is wrong but has been so odd all day. Went out fine this morning, but when we got back wouldn't get on the sofa. I had to pick him up again!

The universe is sending me some messages today. Only have one life, time is short. Ex pupil finished uni and being engaged. Never been engaged.

Anyhow, got to empty the dishwasher and feed the dogs (the two aren't connected!
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Actually my darling dog is 7. Currently asleep wedged up next to me. Like a hot water bottle. Am sweating! But love him so don't mind really.

Current debt is 4980- paid off a whole £20!

I have the dentist again tomorrow (!) for a filling, she is checking it for free - she is very good, she thinks it is discoloured. I am horrendous, I never know what she has or hasn't done.

anyhow then it is on with conservatory tidying.

XXX
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Wishing you a happy & healthy 2019 filled with good fortune. :D xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Buffy,

Thought i would come and find your diary now i'm back. Happy New Year xxx

Look forward to following your diary in 2019. xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing