Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    First day of the New Year!

Have got my 6000 steps (including 44 active minutes) . Cleaned out the Fridge and last night reorganised the freezer.

Not felt great today think the excess of food may have caught up with me.

Didn't stop me eating Christmas cake and cheese tho so can't be that bad!

Need to check my Bank accounts.......

Be right back..........XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,691 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Checks bank accounts *Shudders*
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Checks bank accounts *Shudders*

There was some shuddering but I made a few decisions, I am going to do the penny a day backwards and online. So that is done.

I am freezing sitting here.

Also my bills have gone out so the plan now is not spend any money. EVER*.

*this plan may have mixed success! But I need a wee!

XX
  • beanielou
    Options
    You do make me laugh!! :rotfl: xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    You do make me laugh!! :rotfl: xx

Good :) :j:beer:

I am saving about 250 pounds (Summer, Insurance, Emergency, Christmas, General and the 365 penny challenge)

And for January I am trying not to spend. This is a weak statement I know! however I m pretty busy and have two things booked to look forward, the rest of the time should be decluttering and selling things plus working.

I started today in the conservatory. This room is a massive and alarming sign of how depressed I have been (or still am). It is actually dirty (behind fish tank and book shelf) and has dead flies everywhere........which frankly means I haven't cleaned since God knows when as the files die in the summer :eek::eek:

You stop on holiday and are full of relief and plans. But I do wonder. I only realised the other day my plants in my room where infested with black fly. That caused a certain amount of panic!

I don't want you do think I live in a hovel (close in parts!) the living room, kitchen and bathroom are all cleaned regularly but it was interesting to me - well, actually sad that the two rooms I use the most are not clean - my room and the conservatory - which I can't use as it is too messy. Equally Mum's room and the spare room are again cluttered. It is quite heart breaking. I know it is me, too hard to keep going in the conservatory, just can't.

Am watching the news whilst I am typing this. Piece on the terminally ill who suffer really serious money problems. Bloody Victorian system. Devastating.

Makes me so determined to pay off the debts and ensure that I pay in advance for things (save up) so that if the worst happens I wouldn't have massive pay outs. Our system is so screwed up.

XXX
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    One of my friends always starts a house tidy with her bedroom. She knows that she will have to keep the public areas tidy but feels that if she leaves her bedroom to last, it’d never get done
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've had huge problems with blackfly on my house plants this year too, I'm blaming the hot summer. As for conservatories, mine had dead flies yesterday and I only hoovered it all out a few days ago, honestly they breed.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    One of my friends always starts a house tidy with her bedroom. She knows that she will have to keep the public areas tidy but feels that if she leaves her bedroom to last, it’d never get done

Yep this. Totally this.
    Pooky wrote: »
    I've had huge problems with blackfly on my house plants this year too, I'm blaming the hot summer. As for conservatories, mine had dead flies yesterday and I only hoovered it all out a few days ago, honestly they breed.

Blackfly are persistent I am attempting washing up liquid and water?? Tho I binned all the grass I was growing (for the guinea pigs)

Spent yesterday with my friend who has recently lost her father, she is an internet friend in the first instance but is about an hour away. It was good to see her, but I am so very worried about her. It is one of those things that is frustrating about life that she cannot see how well she is coping with it all,however the future does look hard. We became friends because we both love animals and she has a lot of pets (more than me!). Trouble is the house has an equity mortgage on it would huge interest rate so she is probably going to be up a creek without a paddle - possibly left homeless and will have to give up her animals. So frightening. She has anxiety and depression. Actually we had a very interesting conversation about depression - hers presents as total lack of sleep and obsessive cleaning, mine excessive amount of sleep and lack of care about lots of things, my surroundings, my clothes. I just can't start and she almost can't stop. I can keep a lid on mine, hide it from the world but her anxiety with her panic attacks she can manage up to a point but can't work and some days doesn't leave the house.

So yes, yesterday did really bring home to me that I need to be out of debt.

XXX
  • beanielou
    Options
    Remember as a wise MSE'er says 'out of debt, out of danger' :) xx

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I always do my bedroom first too. It's the first and last place I see each day so that makes a difference to how I feel, and also mine is fairly uncluttered now that clothes are a bit better organised so it's an easy win.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family