Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Love that you are in a pond group!

Yep, Pond people (Golfish people) are lovely.

Rabbit people are generally a bit ridiculous.

Guinea pig people ( online) are all about 14... or 60 which is all good but makes for some interesting conversations. Also most love fleece for their pets and it costs a lot ;) (mine don't have it! not MSE!!)

Dog people vary massively. Most are lovely but some woman of a certain age with small yappy dogs. Man, are they annoying...And Sorry - but men with big dogs- utter !!!!! to a man online.

but Pond people are lovely.

I sorted out my money today.

Hmmm.

Ok, so I took my CC off A£mazon
    I have switched all my payments to my Debit card.
    I have put 3000 in my savings to go with 1300 of my original savings.

I have 1500 and 1800 in my "other" bank accounts(from the loan)

I have spent

350 (garden shed roof and fixing of things)
    and a lot off of my CC...and two Ike$ orders....

I have 4990 on the loan. I can make an extra payment of 100 pounds. and get paid again in 17 days...
    Which is good... as I have about 300 pounds to last me (and I am having to pay for all the pet vaccinations in the next week....Realistically that will have to come out of savings.)

hmmm.

XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,403 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Cat people are extra lovely:p xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Holiday has been quite rubbish, i can only get so far with my plans due to the weather, and it will not stop raining, plus the neighbour's dog is a nightmare. Can't believe I am back to work on Monday. I could sob, but then I watch the news and really cry. The Democratic Republic of Congo is in the most dreadful state, horror beyond words on the news,all these broken broken children because of the evilness of men. In the end I took the dogs out, couldn't stand it.

I have decided to shut all my T%scos accounts - credit card, current account and saving account (empty), it just over complicates things and their online banking seems a bit rubbish.

I think I might be lactose intolerant, a little experiment has resulted in me being quite unwell...

I waiting in for the last bit of the rabbit set up to arrive today so am at home.. once I feel better I shall start on the house work!
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Cat people are extra lovely:p xx

I totally agree :)
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Well,today I went shopping for my sister and me, had sainsbury's delivered, walked dogs, painted a raised bed badly and 3/4 of a hutch badly. I have just put chicken thighs in the oven for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.
    I miss Mum.

house is a tip.

dogs miserable.

I put honey on the thighs will that work do you think? I don't know if I will like it.

I am tired and itchy from being in the garden. Am trying not to get depressed about how a few good days like today would have straightened out the garden. But I am back to work on Monday.

I need a nap..............but dinner is in the oven.

Should I have put tin foil over the chicken? Hmmm. I 'll never know ;)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    It took me a minute or two to join the dots between food prep and honey on thighs. Was wondering if it was some natural beauty treatment.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    It took me a minute or two to join the dots between food prep and honey on thighs. Was wondering if it was some natural beauty treatment.

*has died laughing and is now going to bed*
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,359 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Aside from the honey thighs :) and back down to earth re the decoy heron - as long as you keep moving them they do work. We haven't lost any fish since we bought ours and we had a big problem with herons.

You've made me feel guilty about our garden, so much needs doing .....
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,403 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options

So glad it wasent just me:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    The honeyed thighs made me ill!

Well I think it was that anyhow.

Not bee well since Sunday morning. Sunday was horrendous. The dogs poor things have had an awful time of it. They are such a mess and I am deeply upset about it. Today they were ill and once I had cleared up, I it better than to give them any food but dog two got so anxious that he didn't get his treat he started to shake and drool. He is a bag of nerves and Dog one is totally withdrawn. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my pets and today has just devastated me. It is a shame really as yesterday ( I left work early but couldn't today) we went for a walk and went to see my sister and we had a lovely time. Just left them too long today.

But there is nothing I can do this week. Just got to get them through the next 3 days in one piece. Or as near as I can.

Then next week I will make the downstairs areas a bit more interesting, up the adaptil and leave blankets I have had around me with them. I might find some toys again for them.

Both are asleep on the sofa now. I am at a loss as to what to feed them.

I don't have any other news apart from I am so so tired, but taught good lessons today.

Had turned the heating off but bloody freezing now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport