Can't keep burying my head in the sand!

Options

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The account I closed last month is already showing as closed on hubbys credit report so I did the mse calculator and he got pre approved for a 0% card for 6 months. No idea what the limit will be but it won't be high as it's a credit builder card. I will be transferring whatever I can from my Debenhams card on to it then setting up a dd for the amount divided by the 6 months. Will hopefully save me a few pennies in interest.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Well done on your progress so far you are doing great :T

Interest :mad: It's so annoying as it's like 1 step forward and 2 back isn't it. I know exactly. Whatever you can save in interest has got to be a bonus.

You WILL get there keep going.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • quintwins
    edited 16 August 2017 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Thank you. Oh the plus side I'm hoping next month my interest will be half then half again, then gone. Unfortunately then the 0% runs out on another card that has alot more on it :( so I won;t be able to pay it off as quickly, on the plus side it's 12.9% compared to 25.5% I'm paying now! I'm crossing my fingers I might even get a 0% card when the time comes.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone.

£10 added to emergency fund.
    Paid £69 off my hsbc card yesterday.
    Paid another £50 off my vanquish card today.
    Also going to pay £50 off my Debenhams card today.
    Have a cheque to lodge for £107 for uniform allowance. Will pay that straight off my vanquis card when it clears.

Total paid off so far this month £465. (not including cheque, £572 with cheque) not doing too badly considering I did uniform and car parts this month. 6.5% gone :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Quin, you're doing so well! You really are managing to fire payments to your debts really quickly - amazing :)

Glad you're knocking the interest down and well done on the uniform coming under budget.

Have you decided what to do for your birthday?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • quintwins
    Options
    I think my payments will drop quite abit when the kids go back to school but I'll try my best...anything better than ignoring it and doing nothing like I was.

I found some fillet steak in my freezer so I'm having it for my birthday :) and we are going to have a cheapy Chinese tonight (no more than £15) best of both worlds :)

I also found a gammon and a whole chicken and some stewing steak, chicken breasts and mince in my freezer, I feel like I'm never going to reach the bottom of it lol....not that that's a bad thing right now but it really shows how much I'm over buying stuff when I go shopping and I never actually go over my budget so I can prob shave some off it over time.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Wow - that's a load of meat to work through! Do you have a chest freezer? We just have a small under counter freezer which does the trick but it's like a game of tetris trying to fit everything in.

It should save you a lot of money grocery-wise over the next while though. You can get loads of meals out of that stuff.

You're right - anything is better than ignoring your debt, so you're well on the way to shifting it for good.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • quintwins
    Options
    I have am American freezer in my kitchen and a medium chest freezer in my garage. I tend to just throw stuff in it and then it gets buried. it's about 3/4 empty now but it still has loads of meat and veg in it. I tend to buy meat in bulk or on offer and freeze it then forget about it lol.

I'm hoping to have half my debt gone for next summer. If I can manage 50% I'm going to take a break for the month of July and go on a budget holiday, if I don't make it I'll stay at home. I love the sun and getting away so it's good motivation :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I love freezer tetris - its amazing what I find in ours. I'm a bulk freezer too, although ours is now scarily empty.
  • quintwins
    Options
    I'm trying to defrost mine, I don't like it not being full. it's more economical to run a full freezer for a start lol.

I just got an email from vanquis asking me if I wanted to transfer money to my bank at a special promotional rate of 49.9% :rotfl: nah I think I'll pass thanks.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family