glass found in food

Options
Can you anyone give me some advise please. whilst we were at our local pub chain, I ate a piece of glass in my food. luckily I didn't consume it but did cut the roof of my mouth. we complained to management who said they would contact head office. she took my details and refunded money for my meal only. she also saw the blooded napkin and offered some ice. I took photos of the piece of glass and the rest of my uneaten meal plus some of my mouth. how long should I wait for their head office to investigate and if they don't contact me where do I go to make a formal complaint ?

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Depends how far you want to take it. If you simply want to make a formal complaint then complain to the pub chains head office. What exactly is the result you want from this?
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cutting to the chase, how much are you after?
  • NotRichAtAll
    NotRichAtAll Posts: 889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cutting to the roof of her mouth, how much are you after?

edited that for you :)
  • stuartJo1989
    stuartJo1989 Posts: 461 Forumite
    Options
    How good is your compo face?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to work out what you want (if you have't already).

Remember, this isn't about 'what nearly happened' or what 'could have happened' or 'I nearly died' etc etc.

Get it into perspective.

They have had to wash a bloodied napkin after all!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    What!! No children
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Very few pubs prepare their meals from scratch, they will use a commercial 'Ready Meal' supplier such as Brake Bros.

So this is serious as the OP's glass contminated meal, is likely to be one of a batch - Get back to that pub and demand to know who the supplier is and then contact them directly
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Which is totally pointless as the op will not have any details of the batch number, delivery date etc to allow them to trace things.

Better off ensuring that the pub is contacting their supplier as they have the details.
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm as much against the compensation culture as the rest of you but every mistake must have a consequence and the size of the mistake should reflect this in the size of the consequence. Otherwise the same mistake could happen again only next time it could be worse.

Someone in the kitchen has not taken responsibility for the quality or safety of the food going out. Just writing to head office and them not responding means they have merely chucked the letter in the bin. They have to be punished in some way. Therein lies the problem of how much? A free meal for having a cut mouth doesn't seem fair to me. Not only is it an injury which could have been worse, ie a ripped intestine or stomach, but it was an evening spoiled by stupidity.

OP, take advice from elsewhere because you'll only get sarcasm from the compensation hating hardened veterans here,
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sicard wrote: »
    Not only is it an injury which could have been worse, ie a ripped intestine or stomach, but it was an evening spoiled by stupidity.

The point being the OP needs to work with the facts. What might have happened (and my goodness we are getting close to the death scenario now) is irrelevant. This is about what actually happened.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure